PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
pacmanji (Offline)

Default Can I make a prepaid Skypeout call to a GSM mobile phone on Yesss network in Austria - 22-07-2012, 03:33

My relatives use this Yesss network and I want to call them using Skype from my pc but skype support does not specifically state that they can connect to a yesss mobile phone in Austria

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-07-2012, 15:19

what should be the reason of skype on not letting you call an austrian mobile phone? I would say to 99,9% that this will work without problems. However the skypeout rates are quite high compared to other VoIP services on the internet...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-07-2012, 16:01

Yesss, btw, is just a MVNO on the Orange Austria network. But as dg7feq noted there are indeed far cheaper VoIP services offering calls to Austrian mobile phones starting from € 0.01/min - for a tariff comparison of some VoIP brands of an Luxembourgian company called Dellmont (formerly Betamax) which many of us have been using for years visit betamax price comparison.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
pacmanji (Offline)

Default 23-07-2012, 06:37

Thanks for your replies.
In 2010 I did not have Skype, when I needed to call my relatives I just used a calling card, which worked to Austrian landlines ok, but
it did not work to the Yesss mobile network.
Now I have Skype, which I've used to video call friends and relatives in Austria, but I have not used
Skypeout yet, and I have not yet paid for any Skype credit.
That's why I wanted to confirm that Skypeout can connect to the Yesss mobile network, before I pay for Skype credit.