PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
mhalverson12 (Offline)

Default Travelsim - US to Estonia Calling Card - 26-08-2009, 19:46

Hello, I'm going to be traveling in Europe so I purchased a Travelsim card that has a mobile Estonia number. I've looked all over for a cheap and quality calling card for people from the US to call me. I haven't found a site that specifies rates to the Estonia mobile codes of 50, 51, 52, & 53. They only say the rate is valid for code 5. Does anyone know of a good quality card that has a rate of roughly $20-25 cents a minute that will work with the Travelsim Estonia mobile codes? Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-08-2009, 20:54

One of the problems with buying a SIM card with an Estonia number are higher rates for friends to call you. I bought an Ekit Dual SIM (US and UK number) so friends and business associates can call me on the US number for free and I pay about 19 cents a minute for the incoming call. Most calling cards charge over $1.00 to call an Estonia cell number.

Old
  (#3)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-08-2009, 21:03

FBlack: not very good your solution. If I have to pay 19 cents a minute for the incoming calls it's better to bring my italian sim (a little bit more expensive for incoming calls and cheaper for my friends who call me)
An international sim like Ts is good exactly for free incoming calls

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#4)
mhalverson12 (Offline)

Default 26-08-2009, 21:18

I don't plan on using my cell phone much at all while I'm in Europe. I'll always be calling back to the states using Skype. I have several friends that are studying abroad as well in various EU countries. I didn't want to have to mess around with 4-5 different sim cards so I just got a global card. Texting is €0,11 outgoing and free incoming wherever I am in Europe so for meeting up with my friends that's all I need. But if someone from home (US) needs to get a hold of me immediately I'm looking for the cheapest solution for them to call.

I just found the calling card site pingo.com Are these reputable cards?

Oh and I'll be living in Germany. I'm not sure how often I'll be making calls from my cell phone since I'll also be using Skype for calling German numbers (if I'm at my laptop). But if I do end up needing cheap German domestic rates what are the best Germany SIM carriers?

Thanks

Old
  (#5)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-08-2009, 21:20

Look at here---> PrePaidGSM: Germany
In my opinion Simyo (a mvno) or T-Mobile are quite good for you necessity

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#6)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-08-2009, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhalverson12 View Post
Hello, I'm going to be traveling in Europe so I purchased a Travelsim card that has a mobile Estonia number. I've looked all over for a cheap and quality calling card for people from the US to call me. I haven't found a site that specifies rates to the Estonia mobile codes of 50, 51, 52, & 53. They only say the rate is valid for code 5. Does anyone know of a good quality card that has a rate of roughly $20-25 cents a minute that will work with the Travelsim Estonia mobile codes? Thanks!
A good calling card choice (20 cents/min) to Estonia mobile is enjoyprepaid (Enjoy Prepaid Calling Cards | International Phone Card Plans)

Old
  (#7)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-08-2009, 00:03

Some cards will not even connect to the Estonia +372 number at all. If you can find one that connects at an ok rate, the quality will likely be questionable.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#8)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-08-2009, 00:51

While I pay 19 cents a minute for an incoming call , my friends in the US pay nothing to call my US number.

Old
  (#9)
highered (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-08-2009, 04:04

I gave up on my TravelSim card because the reliability and pricing of calls to its number just wasn't acceptable.

Old
  (#10)
olev_p (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-08-2009, 16:32

It's strange, my travelsim allways works fine during my travels, so
this sim in my expirience is most reliable (I tried some another vendors before)

About access from US, I know that some companies offer free access via 1-800 to estonian SIMs, via number 1-877-202-3800 (telestial), but in this case you will pay for these inbound calls,

also Skype is another good solution for calling to Estonia that keeps your free-inbound