PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-02-2008, 23:38

Bossman, do you know I could transfer my Sprint number to prepaid T-Mobile that way?

Old
  (#12)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-02-2008, 23:46

You should be able to. Just contact tmobile to verify and check on the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7 View Post
Bossman, do you know I could transfer my Sprint number to prepaid T-Mobile that way?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#13)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-02-2008, 01:39

I called T-Mobile and asked if I could buy a SIM card on eBay and call them back to transfer my Sprint number to the card and they said yes. I was just doing some shopping on eBay for one of those super cheap pre-activated cards and one of the listings says this:

"Please do not change the number. When you change the number, I will not be able to get more sim cards from my supplier. (charge back issues). Please bid and win if you are going to use these without changing the number.
IF YOU CHANGE THE NUMBER, AND MY SUPPLIER DISABLES YOUR SIM CARD PERMANENTLY, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT."

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mobile-TOGO-pr...mZ320216698223

What's the deal here? The eBay seller's SIM card supplier gets mad if the end user changes the card's number? I'd like to buy one of these to go with the Sony Ericsson W810i I just bought on eBay but I need to transfer my Sprint number. Has anyone tried transferring a specific number to one of these pre-activated cards?

Old
  (#14)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-02-2008, 18:23

Here are the reasons I don't think this is even worth it:

1. hassle of constantly buying SIM cards on eBay
2. hassle of moving my number from SIM card to SIM card
3. problem of angering the sellers when I change the card's number
4. inevitable "downtime" when I can't receive calls while my number is being moved
5. hassle of trying to stay in front of the expiration dates
6. savings is only about $0.035/minute compared to buying discounted 1000 minute refills (and that's if the minutes don't expire on you)

#2, #3, and #4 could be solved by using a service like Grand Central to forward a permanent number from SIM card to SIM card, but GC doesn't allow you to move your existing number over to them yet. I can't find any other forwarding company with a good reputation.

Old
  (#15)
bhoup (Offline)

Smile 17-04-2008, 20:08

Well I've seen a lot of great questions asked on this thread and I still have some of my own:

1) Currently I have Page Plus Cellular which runs on the Verizon network. From what I'm understanding AT&T's GSM network has pre-paid companies like Jolt Wireless, Beyond GSM, etc. that run on their network. Is this correct? (In other words, if I would be able to get AT&T coverage in a certain area, these other pre-paid providers also would have coverage)

2) I also was looking into eBay to purchase SIM cards for use in an iPhone. I'm only looking on eBay as a way to purchase minutes cheaper than directly from AT&T. Does anyone know if I can port my number to one of these GSM pre-paid carriers to use on my iPhone?

3) Has anyone had a better experience with a certain GSM pre-paid provider over another?

TIA!