PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ole1 (Offline)

Default WIND: options activated automatically?! - 05-04-2009, 18:08

Well,

last summer in August I bought a WIND SIM-package for 10 euros (5 euros credit) in a wind-shop in Rome. I think it was a "BIG SIM" (?) package. I activated a data option and the "call your country" option. When i left italy three weeks later i deactivated the data option to avoid further costs.

OK, now my parents are visiting italy and they wanted to use my old SIM. the credit left was 0.00 euro - in summer it was something around 1 euro if i remember correctly. my parents refilled the SIM with 10 euros, they ordered the mega 1500 option and they were able to make a short call to Germany (for 45 cents!). but 30 minutes later the credit was 0.00 euro again. now it's not possible to get a GPRS/UMTS connection or make calls anymore.

Is it possible that there are other options active which had been activated automatically when i bought the SIM/this "BIG SIM" package? How can i check that? (I can not access wind's customer care portal online because i don't know which codice fiscale the shop used for the activation of my SIM.)

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-04-2009, 08:10

You said you activated the Call Your Country option, that could be the reason... this option has a validity of 6 months, after which you pay 4€ every 6 months.
Otherwise the only way to see if you have other options is through the 155.it or calling 155, speaking Italian of course...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
ole1 (Offline)

Default 06-04-2009, 20:57

Well, ok, you're right. I thought Call Your Country would be valid for 12 months without further costs. But it should be only 4 additional euros. Todays

Iit seems like there would be other options also activated. My parents received some SMS like these:

"la informiamo che, a fronte dei 8 euro per l'adesione alla optzione merga 1500 le abbiamo scalato l'importo di -1,74 euro."

"la informiamo che abbiamo scalato dal suo credito -3,17 euro per la proroga di ulteriori 6 mesi dell'optzione pieno wind."

"la informiamo che abbiamo scalato -0.83 euro dei 4 euro previsti per la proroga di 6 mesi dell pieno wind. per usufruire dell'optzione effettui una ricarica."

Even with Google Translations i can not understand what these messages exactly say. Mega 1500 is active, ok. What's with "Pieno Wind"? Another message says something with "Pieno SMS" and i'm very sure i did not activate at least this SMS option.

Quote:
Otherwise the only way to see if you have other options is through the 155.it or calling 155, speaking Italian of course...
OK, i don't speak any Italian

What's with these special *123*xxyy# codes? Will i get an error message or so if an option is not activated?

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-04-2009, 13:14

Pieno Wind and Pieno SMS are two other options which were probably activated by the dealer without telling you since they were free for a while... I think it's easier and cheaper for you to buy a new card, BTW you must recharge and then send these SMS:
"PIENO NO" and "PIENO SMS NO" to 4533 (free of charge). In this way you deactivate them, but you already payed for them so you won't have your money back.
If you want to deactivate Call Your Country write "ESTERO NO".

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
ole1 (Offline)

Default 07-04-2009, 19:21

Okay, thanks!

but: there is really also absolutely no chance to get my actual credit (not this 0.00 euro at *123#) without recharging 10 euros and 10 and 10...?

or to get back the money i already paid for the options i never wanted to have?... oah.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-04-2009, 09:42

No way for both questions. Welcome to Italy!