PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
JohnDoe

Default 3.co.uk - Top-Up abroad - Help? - 13-02-2008, 14:50

Hello Forum,

I do have just bought a 3 UK SIM.

Unfortunately I can´t register my cc because of missing a UK postalcode.

I searched the internet for a online top-up possibility but nothing found.

Maybe somebody is here to help me or to show me a possibility how to top-up a 3 SIM abroad. (Maybe with Ukash, ePay ...?)

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-02-2008, 15:23

I think you can easily register using any UK zip code, like an hotel address for example... I did so with my 3 UK card, but honestly I never even tried to reload it...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-02-2008, 15:51

I am sure you can find the topup on ebay.UK. I just bought virgin UK vouchers on saturday to topup my sim for an upcoming trip. I bought a 20 pound topup for 18 pounds. The voucher numbers were emailed almost instantly. I have always done it that way.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#4)
JohnDoe

Default 13-02-2008, 15:58

I just spoke to the customer service, unfortunately the can´t implement a foreign cc.

I also thought about to write a other postalcode, but due to the new regulations of money transfer the system does not accept differenting codes ...

Old
  (#5)
JohnDoe

Default 13-02-2008, 16:15

@Bossman

... thank you for the info, I already had a look for a voucher on ebay, no vouchers available (I hope just for the moment)

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-02-2008, 10:45

Can you wait until you are here? Or are you intending to use it Like Home in Austria or Italy?

If you're worried about it becoming inactive, I don't think this happens. I have an ex-contract SIM that I then did not top up for 2 years; now, the last credit was May, last spend or incoming call November. I'm not sure if it's just ok with an incoming call every 180 days like most other UK SIMs; I'd ring it for a few seconds just to be safe.

Old
  (#7)
JohnDoe

Default 14-02-2008, 10:57

Due to the tariff structure of 3 I do use it in A, I and HK.

It´s not urgent at the moment, I was just wondering yesterday that I can´t topup via the internet e.g. over a third party.

But I will need in the next two weeks a top up, if somebody would help me it would be very nice

Old
  (#8)
jtludwig (Offline)

Default 18-01-2009, 05:33

has anyone figured out a way to topup a 3UK sim from abroad? I have a United States credit card, so I can't do it via the website. i guess I could wait until I get to the UK, but I'd rather take care of it ahead of time.

Thank you!

Tags
3uk, topup abroad