PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-04-2006, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
1- is GT-SIM prepaid or postpaid? How do you pay? By credit card? What's the minimum amount?
Postpaid, by credit card. It's debited monthly, no debit if no transactions (so minimum is zero). It's billed in Euros from Gibraltar.

I think the business plan involves a monthly subscription, I don't think they're promoting that yet.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#12)
Kurgan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-04-2006, 18:59

Thanks RTuesday.

How does the SIM work? I like the idea of a postpaid SIM, if it works well. I currently own a Riiing SIM that always worked flawlessly with my old Nokia 8210.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Kurgan</span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>...the utmost damage with the least effort.</span>

Old
  (#13)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-04-2006, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
How does the SIM work?
I'm no expert on these things, just a user. I dial the number, it calls me back and completes the call. Somebody mentioned it does it all via SMS internally.

I haven't been a heavy user of it (apart from SMS) because I've been in the US for a while where it's a bit expensive to use for voice. However, it has worked fine whenever I've needed it (with the one exception of roaming in Mexico, which is very new and unreliable, a Manx Telecom problem).

The only phones I've tried it on are both very basic - Siemens A60, A56.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#14)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default 06-04-2006, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
These are network or CallKey functions, not GT-SIM.
What I wrote is the instructions I was given by GT-SIM customer service (Markus Hauschild) to get my Ericsson T39 to be able to use their service. I do not know anything about a Callkey service.

As far as the service goes, I was on London and Prague last week and had great reception and had no problems making calls in either location. I roamed on O2, Orange and another in London and T-Mobile and ET-CK while in Prague. The couple of tests I made in the US have also worked well, but as is mentioned before, the cost of calls while in the US is a little expensive.

As for the payment of the service when you visit the GT-SIM website, you can choose a pre-paid or postpaid account. I also chose the postpaid as I did not want to worry about trying to get a re-charge at anytime.

So far I like the service. I was in Brugge about three years ago and used a different plan that just plain did not work. It was on a phone that only had 900mHz reception, but I always had problems finding service.

--
Jeff