Old
  (#11)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 31-03-2006, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
All 4 German operators offer GPRS roaming for Wind customers.
This is true but maybe one of them can have some trouble. I remember that in Prague I had a similar problem with Eurotel the second morning at Hilton.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#12)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 31-03-2006, 20:33

I've tried all of the networks that my phone is picking up, and still no luck.

I have checked my credit and have 4.50 Euro left - which means that they charged me for the MegaNoLimit already, plus the .50 for the SMS message to activate it.

I also did the GRPS SI SMS and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated - I did enter the DNS server, but I don't think it even gets that far - the message comes up very quickly.

Thanks,

Kelly.

Old
  (#13)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-03-2006, 20:56

If I understood it right, you are using it from your PC.

Have you configured it correctly? I mean, you need to either instruct the computer to use the correct APN saved on the phone, or to manually set it up on the modem preferences. To do so, you have to insert this string:

+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.wind"

in the "advanced configuration" window in the modem options

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#14)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-04-2006, 18:52

Thanks very much for your help with this. Having previously used a GSM provider that didn't require any additional modem strings, I wasn't aware of this requirement.

Adding the "+cgdcont=1" seemed to help a bit, but unfortunately, the rest of the string would cause the phone to error, no matter what combination I tried. (The error was an actual error with the phone, rather than the GRPS Paramaters problem from before, so that is at least progress!)

The strange thing is that after specifying the CID of the data profile for WIND (on my phone it is 4), everytime I try to connect and then check the data profile, the APN is blank. I re-enter the APN on the data profile on the phone, try connecting, and then check and it is blank again.

Any suggestions on how to format the string required to pass the APN using my T200 phone would be greatly appreciated!

(BTW, I'm in Czech right now, and my RIIING phone take 4-5 tries before it will actually call me back when I try to place a call. In Germany it worked great.)

Kelly.

Old
  (#15)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-04-2006, 19:46

Thanks to the info from faquick, I was able to find this page (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=17837) in a Google search that showed that using *99***CID# as the number to dial was sometimes required on older GRPS phones. Apparently my T200 is considered older as this helped!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

I can now use the WIND card to get (slow) GPRS service for the rest of my trip. I assume that WIND will just cut me off once I'm over my 200MB roaming limit?

Thanks!

Kelly.

Old
  (#16)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-04-2006, 21:25

How much is this Mega No Limit GPRS?
Will your unused usage carry over to the next month?

Old
  (#17)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-04-2006, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee
I assume that WIND will just cut me off once I'm over my 200MB roaming limit?
No, when you finish your 200MB (=3000?) limit you start paying 0.3c?/KB in Italy and 1.5c? outside Italy, so pay attention! You can check it dialing *124*4242#, should be in English.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#18)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-04-2006, 16:20

How many MB can I use abroad on the ?30 for ?3 / 30 days wap/imode Pass alternative?

Can it be used on ISP GPRS or only on WAP GRPS and Imode? Ie will I be able to use it on a smartphone using ISP GPRS?

Old
  (#19)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-04-2006, 17:15

The forfaits of Wind work in this way: you have a XX amount of euros to spend for data at the normal rates, which are:
IN ITALY:
Wap: 3c?/KB
I-Mode: 1c?/KB
Web: 0.3c?/KB

OUTSIDE ITALY:
Wap/i-mode: 5c?/KB
Web: 1.5c?/KB

With the Mega NoLimit you get 3000? of data credit, with WapPass you get 30? which are something less than 2MB of web navigation, outside of Italy.

You can use both the options for web, i-mode and wap, it only changes the way it charges the forfait.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#20)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-04-2006, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
The forfaits of Wind work in this way: you have a XX amount of euros to spend for data at the normal rates, which are:
IN ITALY:
Wap: 3c?/KB
I-Mode: 1c?/KB
Web: 0.3c?/KB

OUTSIDE ITALY:
Wap/i-mode: 5c?/KB
Web: 1.5c?/KB

With the Mega NoLimit you get 3000? of data credit, with WapPass you get 30? which are something less than 2MB of web navigation, outside of Italy.

You can use both the options for web, i-mode and wap, it only changes the way it charges the forfait.
But how will it be counted if I use "web" on the WapPass? I thought it was only applicable for wap/imode, which doesnt make it such a good deal seeing that the rate is 5 eurocents per kb, thus 600 KB and not around 2 MB?

What is the access points for the web and wap/imode connections?