PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
thecapcom (Offline)

Unhappy 24-04-2008, 14:41

I'm in CH for 3 weeks and Orangeclick at 2.5F/MB seemed like the best deal for a data connection. I was unable to configure my phone (unlocked HTC Kaiser with Windows Mobile 6) using the manual instructions at https://www.orangeclick.ch/orange/es...apGeneralPopup so I want the shop where I bought my card and then the central shop at Hardturmstrasse 161, Zurich. They took my phone to the back and someone introduced himself as from the technical department and explained that it is a known issue that HTC WinMo devices don't work with orangeclick.

If anyone knows a work around I'd love to hear. Otherwise let this be a warning to anyone else who finds this thread. I can't find much else online about configuring orangeclick GPRS.

Old
  (#22)
thecapcom (Offline)

Unhappy 24-04-2008, 16:01

I'm in Switzerland for 3 weeks and at 2.5F/MB orangeclick seemed like the best deal for data. Voice and SMS worked perfectly. However I was unable to configure data on my unlocked HTC Kaiser running Windows Mobile 6 using the manual instructions on their website. I took my phone to the shop where I bought the SIM and then to the big Orange office at Hardturmstrasse 161, Zurich. There the folks in front took it to someone from the "technical department" who tried to configure it and then told me there is a known issue with HTC WinMo devices. He said orangeclick data works fine with more common devices.

If you have managed to get data working on a WinMo device please offer advice. I get the error "Connecting" ... "Connecting" ... "Cannot connect. Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your ..." in a series of bubbles. If I use the MMS settings the data connection seems to connect but IE doesn't get past "Locating...". I tried MMS + proxy 192.168.10.2:8080, but that didn't work either.

Good luck!

Old
  (#23)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 12-05-2008, 08:29

I have an OrangeClick SIM card with the free month of Internet (although I think what they really mean is that they are waiving the 5 CHF / month fee to get the reduce 2.50 CHF / MB tariff.)

I have tried to register an @orangeclick.ch e-mail address to take advantage of the free sending/receiving to this address. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it work using the instructions in this thread. I e-mailed Orange, and they replied that this feature was only available for regular Orange SIMs and not OrangeClick - however, it seems that other people in this thread have managed to get it to work?

When I try to log in at wap.orange.ch it won't work. I tried creating an account at www.orange.ch and it won't let me since I have an orangeclick SIM and number.

Anyone who got this to work have suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Old
  (#24)
gustabmo (Offline)

Default 20-06-2008, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA View Post
..any way today I'm a lucky customer: just logged in and... I get this promotion Try Mobile Internet (free for a month)
Awesome indeed!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes for the SIM card to be delivered after the order through the web site? I'll arrive in Switzerland in a few days from now... if they take some days to deliver I'd like to order it in advance, but if it's next day delivery I'll order it when I get there!

Old
  (#25)
gustabmo (Offline)

Default 03-07-2008, 19:10

Answering my own question:

"Within the next 3 working days, you will receive your order"

Old
  (#26)
gustabmo (Offline)

Default 14-07-2008, 14:00

For the records since no one is replying to my messages here... hope at least this helps someone.

The "Try mobile internet free for one month" is free only for the first 2MB of data. After that it's charged at CHF 0.0025 / KB (not sure of the smallest unit of charge).

From the 5 APNs that are set up when you first insert your SIM card, only "Click WAP GPRS" worked for me, but the JPG images are greately reduced rendering impracticable to see any details. I was instructed to change the Access Point Name of the "Orange Internet" APN from "internet" to "click" and now this APN also works and shows full size images.

In practice the only difference between the Click WAP GPRS APN and the modified Orange Internet APN is the user name: "wap" for the former, none for the latter.

Old
  (#27)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Exclamation 21-07-2008, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustabmo View Post
For the records since no one is replying to my messages here... hope at least this helps someone.

The "Try mobile internet free for one month" is free only for the first 2MB of data. After that it's charged at CHF 0.0025 / KB (not sure of the smallest unit of charge).
Yes, it's true. You have "unlimited" access only for Orange WAP Portal (where french and italian languages have less services than in the past... it's almost only for german users )

Quote:
From the 5 APNs that are set up when you first insert your SIM card, only "Click WAP GPRS" worked for me, but the JPG images are greately reduced rendering impracticable to see any details. I was instructed to change the Access Point Name of the "Orange Internet" APN from "internet" to "click" and now this APN also works and shows full size images.

In practice the only difference between the Click WAP GPRS APN and the modified Orange Internet APN is the user name: "wap" for the former, none for the latter.
The only working APN for OClick customers is click. If you want to use the HSDPA service TV you have to put that APN in Real Player too (they have TicinoNews for free).

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG