PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-11-2006, 08:23

Did you already see the new price calcuator?

They raised the prices quite a lot as far as i could see now.

For example USA:

Incoming calls to United States $1.19/min.
Incoming sms to United States $0 per sms
Outgoing sms from United States $0.35 per sms
Outgoing call to a local land line in United States $1.29/min.
Outgoing call to a local mobile line in United States $1.29/min.
Voice mailbox
Customer service
Call divert
Language selection
in United States $1.3

Compared with Incoming $0,24, outgoing $0,39/0,69 as it had been before...

EDIT: But other countries also got cheaper... argh :P I hate the websites where you can not download a whole rate sheet but have to click trough tons of countries before you get your personal rate list.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-11-2006, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
Did you already see the new price calcuator?

They raised the prices quite a lot as far as i could see now.

For example USA:

Incoming calls to United States $1.19/min.
Incoming sms to United States $0 per sms
Outgoing sms from United States $0.35 per sms
Outgoing call to a local land line in United States $1.29/min.
Outgoing call to a local mobile line in United States $1.29/min.
Voice mailbox
Customer service
Call divert
Language selection
in United States $1.3

Compared with Incoming $0,24, outgoing $0,39/0,69 as it had been before...

EDIT: But other countries also got cheaper... argh :P I hate the websites where you can not download a whole rate sheet but have to click trough tons of countries before you get your personal rate list.
I suppose it may be a mistake. Incoming rates for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada are $0.19, also other rates have 0, not 1 placed before the decimal dot separator

What countries got cheaper? At least as to incoming rates, I checked a few European countries and I see 39 cents instead of the former 24 :P (only Ukraine 29 and Russia 19).

Old
  (#13)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-11-2006, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
I suppose it may be a mistake. Incoming rates for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada are $0.19, also other rates have 0, not 1 placed before the decimal dot separator

What countries got cheaper? At least as to incoming rates, I checked a few European countries and I see 39 cents instead of the former 24 :P (only Ukraine 29 and Russia 19).
I had a look for Thailand as i am there quite regularely. There incoming calls are now 19 ct, before 24.

But there are mistakes in the price list for sure. Calls to UK-Mobiles from UK are written as $99 a minute for example

Old
  (#14)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-11-2006, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
I had a look for Thailand as i am there quite regularely. There incoming calls are now 19 ct, before 24.

But there are mistakes in the price list for sure. Calls to UK-Mobiles from UK are written as $99 a minute for example
Well, I checked also India which is a very expensive country when using other international SIMs (except Hop, of course) and incoming rate is 19 cents when it used to be over 30, AFAIR.
However, no matter what listed rates are, the most important issue is whether thew whole stuff is reliable or not. The Yackie story so far makes me think it may not :P

I checked also a list of countries in the rate calculator and it doesn't match the coverage list.

And there are no extra landline numbers available to buy (checked Poland, Germany, Italy and Latvia) :whistle:

Old
  (#15)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-11-2006, 11:28

Wow! All the rates went up. At least all the rates in the countries that I am likely to visit went up by at least 20 cents. Most incoming calls used to be $0.24. They are now $0.49. Not only that, my DID does not even work any longer. It's been ringing busy over the last couple of days. It was working as of last week. Not that I plan on using it anyway.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#16)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-11-2006, 21:39

Yackie Telecom Inc. Merges its Two Product Divisions into One

Yackie Telecom Inc. introduces a merger between its two corporate divisions, Yackie Mobile? and Yackie Voip?.

(PRWEB) November 16, 2006 -- Yackie Telecom Inc. (www.yackiemobile.com) is excited to introduce a merger between its two corporate divisions, Yackie Mobile? (GSM SIM cards) and Yackie? (VoIP services). Yackie Telecom Inc. is one of the first companies to introduce this revolutionary global solution to the market. Now customers can stay in touch with the world, save money and manage their calls when calling around the world.

Yackie Telecom Inc. is now offering its customers a Yackie Mobile? GSM SIM card and a Yackie? VoIP account together in one package. Both accounts will have the same incoming number (you can have up to 8 phone numbers linked to one SIM card), which can be selected from 40 different countries.

This SIM card roams in over 162 countries (we have more than 400 roaming partners) and it works with the most powerful network.

Now the customer won?t have any more problems saving money. They will be able to receive their calls either on their computer with our Yackie? Softphone, their IP phone, their WiFi phone, a Yackie? Box, a Yackie Mobile? GSM WiFi or any other GSM phone. This means that a Yackie subscriber can be anywhere and still receive their calls! As long as there is an internet connection, WiFi spot, or if you have your GSM phone you will be able to make calls and receive calls worldwide while saving both time and money.

This is the ultimate solution for people who are on the go, for business and leisure travelers. Imagine being able to stay in touch for only a few cents per minute. You will never miss any calls and you also have the option of diverting your calls between your GSM phone and your VoIP account.

? No monthly fees
? Billing every Minutes
? Calls can be recorded and sent via email
? Intelligent Voicemail
? Conference Calling
? FREE incoming SMS

Features for your Yackie? VoIP account:

? You can link up to 8 numbers to your GSM and VoIP account
? Call for free between Yackie? VoIP customers anywhere in the world
? Receive faxes to your email address
? Add your friends and family
? Voicemail
? Conference calling
? Forwarding call from your local number to your Yackie Mobile? & VoIP and vice versa
? the option to add Yackie Mobile? SIM features?.

Become a part of our revolutionary global solution today! Sign up for your Yackie Mobile? GSM SIM card and Yackie? VoIP account and start your journey to hassle free and cost effective calling.

Yackie Mobile? and Yackie? are brand names registered by Yackie Telecom Inc.

Yackie Telecom Inc. is a subsidiary of Harriman Capital Group, Inc., an Oregon based corporation. Harriman is one of the first companies to develop new technologies based on telecommunications, online payment solutions and money transferring business solutions. Talk more, pay less, pay faster and pay easier. "One world connected together."

Yackie Mobile
20801 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 403
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: 1-305-728-6293
Fax: 1-305-728-4849
www.yackiemobile.com

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#17)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-11-2006, 21:53

Fool me once, shame on you...

Old
  (#18)
fuzzypuppy (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-11-2006, 16:26

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

DIAF!

Phone: Samsung D508
Sims: Fido (expired), GlobalSim, UM

Old
  (#19)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-11-2006, 12:26

Some days ago i set up my VoIP router with the yackie.com settings which are linked to my SIM-card to try out this feature that was mentioned in the post above. Btw, there is a 10$ initial balance on the VoIP account so you can test for free as far as i can see.

I have to say that this is really a nice idea and is working well.

As long as the SIM-cards is registered to the network the phone rings. When you switch off the phone the DID number rings on the VoIP-account.

So everywhere where you have access to the internet (they use the GSM-codec, so not neccessarily need for broadband) you can receive calls for free and dial out for reasonable rates.

Chris

Old
  (#20)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Yackie - Is anybody still using? [merged] - 25-01-2007, 14:31

I was wondering if anybody is still using the Yackie SIM? I was one of the initial believers in this service, but unfortunately it was not functioning correctly at the time when I needed it. Any feedback from you guys would be appreciated - how recent experiences have been, has the service improved, billing, etc...??

Thanks so much!