PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-09-2007, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Anyway I think it's not a 3G problem, since I had the same error also when using it on an old Siemens which has GPRS only... anyway in few days I'll be in Leipzig (surely covered in 3G) and I'll try it again, but I guess I'll have the same problem... I can take a look at my profile on Simyo website to see if I have to activate something, but I didn't see any option in the past...
At my company we now have 164 SIMYO-cards running in GPS tracking devices and all run perfectly with GPRS.

Its really weird that yours does not work.

APN: internet.eplus.de
username: eplus
password: gprs
is all that we set here. Nothing magic about it.

Maybe you can try to set the eplus DNS: 212.23.97.2

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-09-2007, 15:32

I'll try again from friday, I'll keep you updated

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 23-09-2007, 08:06

Greetings from sunny Leipzig, unfortunately there´s no way to use my Simyo card with data.... fortunately Wind is not so expensive...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#14)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 23-09-2007, 21:21

Quote:
Greetings from sunny Leipzig, unfortunately there´s no way to use my Simyo card with data.... fortunately Wind is not so expensive...
what a pity.
i just were online with my Simyo when we were on the bus at the national flower show (not far from Leipzig). Same settings as i sent to you....

Chris

Old
  (#15)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-09-2007, 16:24

I tried with my K600i, the settings are correct, I tried both in 2g and 3g, no way, I always get an error at once saying there should be something wrong with the settings... now I'm back in Italy, but I'll be again in Germany in October... I'd like to solve this problem...

Old
  (#16)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-09-2007, 21:03

Quote:
I tried with my K600i, the settings are correct, I tried both in 2g and 3g, no way, I always get an error at once saying there should be something wrong with the settings... now I'm back in Italy, but I'll be again in Germany in October... I'd like to solve this problem...
yeah we should definetely get it work. Where will you be in october?

Old
  (#17)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-09-2007, 09:44

I'll be in Freiburg just for a weekend (20-21), I suppose I won't use much data connection, but I come so often to Germany and it would be nice to enjoy the Simyo data tariff...
Then in February I should go to Köln for some days...

Old
  (#18)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 02-10-2007, 05:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMagnets View Post
My only problem is how I am going to top it up. I know I can buy the 15E credits in Aldi, but do they require me to speak German on the phone to apply? Or is it automated, in which case, would anyone be able to provide the key combinations and order I'd need to do?
I had to get help from the very friendly staff at my hotel for the top-up. After following the instructions on the top-up card, it turns out you have to then press another digit - I'm not sure which, but they sorted it out for me.

Other than that, the card worked great, excellent data speeds and you can't beat the price! I pay $20 CAD for 2 MB here in Canada. That same 2 MB in Germany is less than 0.50 Euro.

Kelly.

Old
  (#19)
xxcite (Offline)

Default 02-10-2007, 08:43

Try these settings:

WAP GPRS:
APN: wap.eplus.de
WAP-Gateway: 212.23.97.9
Startseite http://wap.eplus.de
Sicherheit: aus
Benutzername: Eplus
Passwort: wap

Internet GPRS:
APN: internet.eplus.de
Benutzername: eplus
Passwort: internet

As far as I remember, user name and password are optional, but maybe this is not correct and the wrong password might cause the problem.

Old
  (#20)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-10-2007, 03:43

You can still use any EPlus "Free and Easy" topup card/method with Alditalk. They're sold everywhere. No need to go to Aldi again for that. However, no guarantee that it'll work one week from now. Even an (international) bank transfer to the EPlus account works. UMTS Data is working fine, however as I just recently found out, US UMTS phones only work, if the have the european UMTS frequencies, they're using different frequencies in the US for that, just like they do with GSM.