PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
prendin (Offline)

Default TIM account problems..seems my name has changed! - 06-04-2009, 16:18

I just logged onto my TIM account, to check my balance. I had it recharged by my relavtives so I would not lose the number. I am leaving in 3 weeks for a month in Italy, I am from Canada. Just wanted to check that my credit of 12 euros was still there. Well the credit is there, but my account now has some 20 year old guys name from Rome associated with it....YIKES. Is this problematic? Should I start to perspire.
Any hints as to what happened here?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-04-2009, 13:16

Was your name there before? Or maybe you never checked?

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
prendin (Offline)

Default 07-04-2009, 13:41

Yes, my name was there before, and my e-mail address was and still is there. but my name is changed, and there is a a code fiscale of 99999999, shich I never had there before. I never had any other information such as credit cards as you need an Italian one.
I tested my phone by calling from my Canada landline to my Italian cell phone and it rang.
Just concerned about security etc.
Thanks
Mara

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-04-2009, 09:43

Yeah, that's really very strange and not nice at all... I really have no idea about what has happened...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
thundros (Offline)

Default 24-05-2009, 05:52

Hello,

I can confirm the same with my account (I am also from Canada). I usually check every few months during the year to see how long my SIM is valid (I have a friend in Italy who tops it up when needed) and notice that name has changed and no more correct codice fiscale (which I had). Just a few months ago (in November) all was ok.

Now I get the name "FITTIZIO" everywhere, my codice fiscale is 9999999999999999 and I also can confirm having now Roma as my city. What is sad is the people at the TIM store did an excellent job setting me up two years ago (they took care of the codice fiscale, using my passport info, and all the rest of the info was correct).

I am also going back to Italy soon and wonder will it cause any problems (will actually use the card in other parts of Europe via the Senza Confini option as well)? For now my phone still works (call and SMS).

Any feedback? Any word why this happened?

Old
  (#6)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-05-2009, 08:03

I've had the same problem 1 year ago: the only possibility is to enter again new password and to create new account, I think

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#7)
thundros (Offline)

Default 25-05-2009, 06:42

Regarding "creating" a new account: Is that by sending an SMS (from my TIM number), with password, to 49001?

Any one else had that happen to them?

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-05-2009, 10:01

I don't think you can create a new account since you already have one account registered with that phone number. It's quite a mess. "FITTIZIO" means "sort of false", so it seems they made some (erroneous) checks on your account and they thought you are a "false user", someone using a foreign name to hide his/her real name... Typical Italian mess.... Don't use TIM, it's no sense...

Old
  (#9)
thundros (Offline)

Default 25-05-2009, 15:49

Well, I have almost 100 Euro credit on that account, hence why I will be using it in Europe as well. Also all my friends have TIM in Italy, which is why I have the card.

So I would need to go to a TIM store to have the mess fixed, which seems to be the solution. For now at least the number still works (and I hope it still does when I get to Europe).

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-05-2009, 09:36

Wow, 100 euros is quite a big refill... of course it's not a good idea to loose them. Yes, the best solution is to talk with an official dealer, hoping they can help you to sort things out...