PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-02-2006, 22:34

Well as any of our regular uk based posters, you will know that orange uk spend the best part of 3 weeks "upgrading" their billing system, which meant that there was no info on minutes or anything like that for PM customers

The REAL and more sinister reason for this is the fact that orange has gone through all their customers usage records to record unusally high call volumes to specific numbers.Afterwards these numbers were screened and checked to see if they were calling card numbers..

Orange has implemented a ZERO TOLERANCE policy to calling card numbers, as they state that if you want to call international you should call from your orange mobile...

PAYG customers will not be warned to stop their usage and will if they call any calling card numbers (be it local , national, loca-rate) they will be charged for making a zone 1 call.

PM customers will be notified in writing to stop calling such numbers, and orange can then exclude such numbers from the inclusive minutes and charge them at 20p/minute...

This is coming from an inside source working for the orange customer services so i should say it is pretty accurate of what is going to happen

My my orange, how did you become so evil :meh: