PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Question Good data SIM at Munich airport? - 06-07-2014, 19:01

I'm looking for a 1GB+ nano SIM that I can buy at the airport (or in the US before I leave home). I have an unlocked iPhone 5S and I don't care about voice calls or text/SMS. The Aldi SIM looks decent but there isn't a store near my hotel and I don't want to spend a lot of time tracking down stores when I should be out sightseeing.

I need something that will work across Bavaria and Baden-Wurttemburg for about 25 days. Bonus points if it works in Strasbourg (even if it's slower/more expensive there; it's only 3 days).

I know there are Capi stores in the airport but I'm not sure which SIM or carrier to buy when I get there. I'd prefer if someone at the store would help me set it up so I can make sure it works before leaving the store.

TIA

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 07-07-2014, 08:15

Hi,
all german payg SIM are normal-micro sim combos only.
If you need a nano sim you will need to order it seperately as a SIM swap via the hotline.
maybe you can find some already activated NANO sim on ebay so that you only have to buy the corresponding recharge voucher when landing in munich (which is not a problem as there are plenty of shops and also a EDEKA supermarket there).

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-07-2014, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
maybe you can find some already activated NANO sim on ebay so that you only have to buy the corresponding recharge voucher when landing in munich
Is this the type of SIM you're referring to? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-BLAU...item43c9abaf05

Will there be any problems using a SIM that someone else registered? I know that Germany requires an ID and/or German address when purchasing SIMs and obviously this SIM wouldn't be registered to me.

Old
  (#4)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 07-07-2014, 15:50

yes that would be one - but also Blau is not sending out nano SIM cards but regular ones which need a swap after activation. So please make sure that the seller can really deliver you a nano sim already.
Regarding the registration it is technically no problem - as long as the seller hands over the account login data and PIN / PUK to unlock.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#5)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-08-2014, 20:48

For anyone else interested in this, I picked up that Blau card (here's an active ebay listing from the same seller). I got a nano SIM along with the PIN/PUK and all the info to log into the account. I haven't been to Germany yet to try it for real, but I popped it in my phone here in the US and it connected to AT&T. I tried to send a text and I got a text from Blau saying I need to top up before I can do that, so it looks like everything's in order.