PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#71)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Wind - 24-09-2008, 14:53

I think you automatically get Wind 12 but I'am sure you can specify when you pick up your sim card. Wind 12 has no monthly charge, just your usage. The 5 free euro won't go very far so you should put a bit more in to start and it is always handy to have a recharge card with you in case you run out in some out of the way place with no tobacco shop.

Old
  (#72)
wongnog (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-09-2008, 17:31

My plan is to use it for text messaging primarily between 2 unlocked phones, so if we are both in Italy can someone tell me how much it would be? What if we are both roaming outside of Italy? The only calls I plan to make are to the shuttles we've reserved from the airport or the port, just in case they are not there. I think in that case it is € 0.12/min on Wind 12? Frankly I'm confused by all the different Wind options, hopefully someone here can suggest the good ones

Old
  (#73)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-09-2008, 17:50

Sms
wind4 (5 euro/month)---15 cent
wind12-----------------15 cent
wind SSS---------------12 cent
The same cost for sms you send from Italy to another mobile phone (italian or foreign).

Calls
wind 12 (billing 30/30) has 16 cent of set-up fee while windSSS (billing 1/1) hasnt' it, so I think it's better for you the last tarif. If you call for long time it's better wind12

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#74)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Wind - 24-09-2008, 18:08

I agree but it really dosen't make any difference for the little you want to use it.
Cell phones in Italy are the preferred method of communication. We don't have a regular phone in our house rather my wife and I both have cell phones (she's with TIM). I think you will find you may use your cell phone more than you think. We also use ours for calls back to Canada as the .30/min is what a local cell phone call would cost here in Calgary.

Old
  (#75)
wongnog (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-09-2008, 21:52

Looks like Wind SSS is the best deal, lowest rates and no set-up fees. Any downside with SSS?

Old
  (#76)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-09-2008, 22:15

Just to confuse you they have options you can add to your plan such as 300 minutes free (monthly charge) between wind phones, internet access etc.. You can't go wrong with just about any deal when compared to the scalping we suffer here in Canada. Whatever way you go you've got 12 months to use up your credit and you can maintain your number by adding a few euros every 12 months.

Old
  (#77)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-09-2008, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongnog View Post
Looks like Wind SSS is the best deal, lowest rates and no set-up fees. Any downside with SSS?
Wind SSS has higher per minute rates, but no set-up fee and per second billing.
Wind 12 has lower per minute rates, but with set-up fee and 30 seconds billing.
It's all listed here:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/italia/wind.html

You choose what's better for you. For me SSS is surely better.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#78)
whimper (Offline)

Default Cheapest Card for Local & International SMS - 28-09-2008, 10:17

Hi All,
Visiting Italy soon, I need your help on the following:
1- Is the Wind 6 SMS the cheapest for Local & International messaging (SMS)? If the rate is 0.06 cents for Local SMS, what is it for International SMS?
2- Where can I find a Wind reseller in Rome?
Thanks

Old
  (#79)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-09-2008, 18:15

1. wind6 is concerned ONLY sms to italian mobiles (but wind6 doesn't work abroad), not to foreign mobiles. For international sms (-->sending sms from Italy to foreign mobiles) it depends what is your tariff (if you have SSS you pay 12 eurocent, while if you have Wind12 you pay 15 eurocent).
2.there are a lof of shop wind in Rome, I think in the airport too

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#80)
wongnog (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-10-2008, 17:07

Hey all, I want to set up my Sony Ericsson w580i phone's WAP settings so that it's ready for Wind once I get my SIM card. Are there settings listed somewhere so I can pre-program my phone? Thanks.

Quote:
Super Senza Scatto
Setup-fee for all calls - none
All Calls Mo-Su 0-24 - € 0.17

Wind12
Setup-fee for all calls - € 0.16
All Calls Mo-Su 0-24 - € 0.12
In the above quote, does this mean that with SSS each call is €0.17/min, but then on Wind12 you pay €0.16 for each call and ALSO €0.12/min???

Last edited by wongnog; 06-10-2008 at 17:15..

Tags
3 ita, tim, vodafone it, wind it