PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
davegr (Offline)

Default Availability of "Unlimited" roaming - 08-04-2015, 17:58

Hi all,

I've been looking around to see which European mobile operators offer unlimited roaming packages for an additional fee, inclusive in their contracts, or even on a prepaid basis. Perhaps others can add their experience and findings to this thread?

So far I've found:

UK - Vodafone - £3 per day for calls, texts and data as per your usual monthly allowance, postpaid only
UK - EE (incl. Orange & T-Mobile) - £2 per day for unlimited calls & texts but no data, postpaid only
UK - 3 - calls, texts and data from your allowance when roaming in some countries but calls & texts are to the UK only and data is limited to 25GB for unlimited users, postpaid & prepaid

CH - Orange - calls & texts only, postpaid only

SE - Comviq/Tele2 - calls & texts plus 1GB of data, postpaid only

I am yet to find a post-paid offer which you can take up without being a resident of the country in which it is offered. Likewise, I cannot find any PAYG offerings (except for 3UK's limited offer). I assume because it would be too costly for them.*

* I assume that the reason such offers can be made for roaming postpaid users is due to regulated wholesale charges which limit potential cost to the users home network to €0,05. If the user makes a call to an expensive number range, the home network will not pay more than €0,05 as per the regulations. However in the typical prepaid scenario where calls are usually routed via the home network (to have full control of the call based on available credit), they will have to pay the full termination fee applicable for the dialled number as the second leg of the call is originating from their own network.

Has anybody found anything else to add?

Dave

Last edited by davegr; 08-04-2015 at 18:10..