PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
BenSenise (Offline)

Default Orange (Spain) prepay GoEurope roaming call rates - 17-03-2015, 18:58

hi all, my first post.
i am looking at the Spanish Orange Prepay SIM for roaming in Europe. Their GoEurope data offering is clear: 100MB for €1 valid for 24h in 36 countries.

Their voice calling offer is far from clear.

The €1 for 60 min valid 24h offere is good for calls to Spain. That much is clear.

The Spanish pages of orange.es say that this rate is also good for calls within the country you are in (e.g. calls from france to france) but the english page doesn't specify; it just says "calls in 36 countries" for €1/60min/24h.

i spoke with customer service in spain and also had a chat session on orange.es and what they are telling me smells a bit like what comes out of the back of a bull. they both said that calls from france to france (or any other EU country combo) first go to spain and that costs the €1 PLUS the cost for a call from spain to the destination country and the two reps even gave me different prices for that. the web shows different prices still.

is there anyone here who can say from first hand experience, what it costs to call a number in france when you are in france? or france to germany or any EU country to any EU country.

Old
  (#2)
gaztelugatxe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 09-04-2015, 20:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSenise View Post
hi all, my first post.
i am looking at the Spanish Orange Prepay SIM for roaming in Europe. Their GoEurope data offering is clear: 100MB for €1 valid for 24h in 36 countries.

Their voice calling offer is far from clear.

The €1 for 60 min valid 24h offere is good for calls to Spain. That much is clear.

The Spanish pages of orange.es say that this rate is also good for calls within the country you are in (e.g. calls from france to france) but the english page doesn't specify; it just says "calls in 36 countries" for €1/60min/24h.

i spoke with customer service in spain and also had a chat session on orange.es and what they are telling me smells a bit like what comes out of the back of a bull. they both said that calls from france to france (or any other EU country combo) first go to spain and that costs the €1 PLUS the cost for a call from spain to the destination country and the two reps even gave me different prices for that. the web shows different prices still.

is there anyone here who can say from first hand experience, what it costs to call a number in france when you are in france? or france to germany or any EU country to any EU country.
Hello BenSenise,

First of all I must say, that I`ve not used the service "Orange Prepay SIM for roaming in Europe".

I´ve been reading the conditions carefully and the conditions for calls are as follows:

1. It costs 1,00 euro/day from the moment you receive/make a call and this charge is valid for 24 hours.
2. Minutes included: 60 (both calls made/received)
3. Included 60 minutes can be used to call: Spain, local calls within the country (EU, Island, Liechtenstein and Norway) and calls to other EU countries and also to receive calls.
4. Should you recieve/make calls beyond the 60 minute limit, Orange would charge another euro and 60 more minutes would be available.

Regards

Old
  (#3)
BenSenise (Offline)

Default 11-04-2015, 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaztelugatxe View Post
Hello BenSenise,

First of all I must say, that I`ve not used the service "Orange Prepay SIM for roaming in Europe".

I´ve been reading the conditions carefully and the conditions for calls are as follows:

1. It costs 1,00 euro/day from the moment you receive/make a call and this charge is valid for 24 hours.
2. Minutes included: 60 (both calls made/received)
3. Included 60 minutes can be used to call: Spain, local calls within the country (EU, Island, Liechtenstein and Norway) and calls to other EU countries and also to receive calls.
4. Should you recieve/make calls beyond the 60 minute limit, Orange would charge another euro and 60 more minutes would be available.

Regards
thanks for your reply. i actually found the information that i was looking for on the orange.es website and it is clear [bold/underline mine]:

Go Europe
Important information when in zone 1 (European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway):
  • The mobile browsing daily fee is only paid the day you browse. It is charged on the first connection and is valid during the 24 hours following this connection.
  • Once you exceed your 100MB, you will be charged another 1€ (VAT included) and have another 100 MB to browse with. This will be renewed automatically.
  • The calls daily fee is only paid the day that you talk. It is charged on the first call made or received and is valid until 23:59 of that same day (pay monthly) or during the 24 hours following this call (pay as you go).
  • Once you exceed your 60 minutes, you will be charged another 1 € (VAT included) and have another 60 minutes to talk. This will be renewed automatically.
  • The 60 minutes are valid for calls to Spain, local calls, calls to other countries included in zone 1 and all calls received. No call set-up fee. For calls to other destination countries, the default roaming call rates apply. This does not include to services with premium rates.

so i am fairly certain that i can use this SIM throughout europe for EUR 1 per day for under 60 min. and another EUR 1 per day for up to 100MB of data. this is absolutely perfect for my needs. now let's see how it works in reality!