PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jeds (Offline)

Default Vodafone CallNow (WebSession) - 19-03-2009, 21:30

I'm looking to get access to the Vodafone websessions or similar for my upcoming trip to Europe. I will be visiting several countries all on their roaming list. This seems like the best deal for roaming data.

Does anyone know of a place you can order a SIM for this in the US before I leave? I'm not actually ever going to Germany on this trip, so i'd like to pick it up before hand.

Regards

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-03-2009, 00:01

I do have brandnew, sealed Vodafone Websessions SIMs. Check your private messages!

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-03-2009, 00:08

May I ask where you are planning of going, because there might be cheaper options. 3 can be really good for UK, Italy, Denmark, Sweden and Austria. And in some countries the sim cards in the country itself are not so expensive, so depending on how much data you will use that might be a possibility as well.

For small amounts Base for Belgium might be good. 2,50/MB in a lot op European countries but you pay per kb.

Old
  (#4)
jeds (Offline)

Default 20-03-2009, 00:35

I will be going to the following countries.

Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ties Brants View Post
May I ask where you are planning of going, because there might be cheaper options. 3 can be really good for UK, Italy, Denmark, Sweden and Austria. And in some countries the sim cards in the country itself are not so expensive, so depending on how much data you will use that might be a possibility as well.

For small amounts Base for Belgium might be good. 2,50/MB in a lot op European countries but you pay per kb.

Old
  (#5)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-03-2009, 00:51

Well it depends on how much data you think you will use. But in the Netherlands you can buy a vodafone simcard for 5 euro (and it seems you get 10 euro credit with it now, at least on line) and then you can get unlimited data for 9,95 for 30 days.

officially it is not unlimited because you can not use more then ten times the average. But they will measure it per month and they give you you 2 warnings. So it shouldn't be a problem.
Not sure about the other countries, also depends on how much you will use it.

I have an Italian sim card which gives 100 MB per day for a week for 3 euro a week. But you need to have an Italian buy it for you or calculate your tax number to be able to buy the sim card yourself. See also the Italian page:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/italy.html especially the part about Codice Fiscale.

Vodafone Websessions might be easier, but will only give you 50 mb for 24 hours at euro 14,95.
this page might be usefull for you as well:
http://prepaid-wireless-internet-access.wetpaint.com/

Last edited by Ties Brants; 20-03-2009 at 00:59..

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-06-2009, 17:08

Does anyone know if international WebSessions are bound to the network/country, where it was started or may I continue using it in another country?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#7)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default N24 using VF network - 22-06-2009, 22:03

N24 Internet Stick: High Speed Internet fr unterwegs durch UMTS und HSDPA - ohne Grundgebhr - Startseite

Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-06-2009, 00:19

Shall that link be an answer to my question? If so, I can't find it.

Old
  (#9)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-06-2009, 14:37

No, of course not. It was meant as an additional info and as an alternative to websessions at all. It is a cheap access to the VF network for some purposes.

Old
  (#10)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-07-2009, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Does anyone know if international WebSessions are bound to the network/country, where it was started or may I continue using it in another country?
After trying it by my own today, I can answer my question now: Yes, one can continue using a WebSession in another country.