PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
tplowe56 (Offline)

Default 21-04-2006, 04:23

Is it possible to trigger a CBW call to my Riing/UM GSM in EU using the SMS service? I don't see anything mentioned on the CBW website.

From what I read here, using CBW with Riing (a double call back) will create a free incoming call fom the US, and a .14/min charge from CBW? Is that correct?

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-04-2006, 11:56

Welcome

You are correct about the charging

I haven't seen anything like that on there either. This and other methods are possible with other callback providers, but you have the questions of a maybe higher tariff and also paying for the message.

As you will see, some people here will use a separate phone, some the same one to call the trigger number. Also it is possible to use their webform via wap/gprs on a second phone (no data on Riiing).

One occasional drawback of separate phone trigger call is that the call is charged in some countries, and this is exaggerated by per minute billing for a 2 second incomplete call; this happened to me in Lithuania and Slovakia.

But it is perfectly ok nowadays making the trigger call from the same phone; the original problem of callback too fast and going to voicemail before you could hang up has been sorted by CBW setting a slight delay.

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-04-2006, 11:46

Not sure but if they offer triggering via e-mail, in theory*, you should be able to send an e-mail via SMS to do it. If they don't have a gateway you might be able to use excell. Is that service still working? I haven't used it in years.

* When I retire, I'm moving to Theory. In Theory everything works as it should.