PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-04-2008, 23:06

In Europe you NEVER pay for incoming sms

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#22)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-04-2008, 11:21

I'm surprised that Vodafone has limited the time you can use pasport in most countries. In the Netherlands there is no limit. Although I think that they have a fair use policy somewhere.
With the Dutch vodafone card you will pay 79 cent for an incoming call on a vodafone network and 99 cent on a non vodafone network in a country that is a passport country.
Outgoing calls are 79 or 99 cent plus your normal tarif, which is for normal prepiad 25 cent/minute for calls to the Nethlands and the country you are in.

Ties

Old
  (#23)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-07-2008, 14:38

I have just noticed that Vodafone Spain are now also extending Vodafone passort for roaming in USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Russia and China... although it is at a higher supplement of €2.49 per call rather than €0.99. Interesting as some of these countries are not "caller-pays" countries. (e.g. USA)
See: http://www.vodafone.es/particulares/...port/index.jsp
I presume it applies equally to prepaid as well as contract.

Is this available on other countries Vodafone tariffs? There is still no mention of this on the UK Vodafone website.

Old
  (#24)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-07-2008, 14:51

Just seen Greece has it too... though they have slightly different countries including USA, UAE, China and South Africa:

http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/client...on?pageId=1335

Old
  (#25)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-05-2009, 10:05

Vodafone Hungary charges the cca. 299 HUF (now a bit more than 1 EUR) connection fee each 10 minutes started...

When in 2007 they changed from the once-per-call to this once-every-10-minutes plan, I unsubscribed from this "saver". It might still be an option outside the EU though.

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.