PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-06-2012, 00:28

As far as i read on other webboards nobody got data running so far...
Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
f1photos (Offline)

Default 24-06-2012, 18:56

Yup, that does seem to be the case. I'm going to get a contact higher up in the company through the travel trade press as they are the ones who've been giving them the recent publicity.

Travelling the world with a large pot of sim cards

Vodafone (AUS, ESP, UK, IND, BAH), Lebara (AUS), SingTel (SIN), Digi (MAL), Orange (ESP, FR), Sunrise (CH), T-Mobile (DE, UK, US), Rogers (CDN), AT&T (US) and many many more.

Old
  (#13)
toggle mobile (Offline)

Smile Data - 02-07-2012, 11:56

A very good morning to you all!

As I can read from your posts you are having some issues when trying to use our data service abroad.

First I would like to say that we do have data roaming but only in the toggle mobile countries (UK, The Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden).

Same as to benefit from local rates on these countries, to use our data service you MUST first register online for the country you are going to visit. Register here.

Example: If you are travelling to Spain, before you travel you need to go to our website and register for a Spanish local number. This registration will allow you not only to have a local Spanish mobile number (enabling your Spanish contacts to call you at local rates) but also to benefit from our toggle mobile countries' flat rates plus the data service.

Please note that your phone as to be switched on with your toggle sim card inside when you register.

I hope I could help.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

All the best,
Sofia Gouveia
Senior Marketing Manager toggle

Old
  (#14)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-07-2012, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggle mobile View Post
Feel free to contact us if you have any question, we will be happy to help.
You offer a good product, which has great potential. However, please could you explain why, according to your published prices, you are breaching Regulation (EU) No 531/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 June 2012 on roaming on public mobile communications networks within the Union? For example:
  • In Norway (part of the EEA), you charge £0.36/min for an outgoing call, 50% more than the price cap of £0.240497/min (no VAT applicable).
  • In Greece (still part of the EU), you charge £0.36/min for an outgoing call, 25% more than the price cap of £0.2885964/min (including VAT).
  • In Guadeloupe (an integral part of France and the EU), you charge £2.81/min for an outgoing local call, 11.7 times the price cap of £0.240497/min (no VAT applicable).
  • In Réunion (an integral part of France and the EU), you charge £1.12/min to receive a call, 16.9 times the price cap of £0.066344 (no VAT applicable).
  • In Gibraltar (part of the EU since 1973), you charge £0.48 to send a text, 6.4 times the price cap of £0.074637 (no VAT applicable).
A EUR/GBP rate of 0.82930 is used to convert the regulated prices from EUR to GBP in accordance with Article 1(7) of the regulation. The Åland Islands (Finland), Gibraltar, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and French overseas departments are all outside the European Union's VAT area, so UK VAT is not applied when roaming in these EEA countries and territories in accordance with Article 19 of the Value Added Tax (Place of Supply of Services) Order 1992.

Old
  (#15)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-07-2012, 21:43

Quote:
First I would like to say that we do have data roaming but only in the toggle mobile countries (UK, The Netherlands, Spain, France, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden).
Why not in Italy?

Old
  (#16)
toggle mobile (Offline)

Default 16-07-2012, 15:57

Hi to you all,

Tux: Italy will be added to the toggle mobile countries very soon, hopefully in the next couple of months. If you check our Facebook or Twitter page or subscribe to our Newsletter you will be notified as soon as it's live.

NFH: You are totally right and thanks for pointing it out. Due to some technical issue the website was not updated with the new rates although we were already charging it and according with the EU regulation.

Please check our website again as it should be correct now.

Thank you both for your feedback and let us know if you have any question.

A great week for all!

Old
  (#17)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-07-2012, 16:12

Quote:
NFH: You are totally right and thanks for pointing it out. Due to some technical issue the website was not updated with the new rates although we were already charging it and according with the EU regulation.

Please check our website again as it should be correct now.
Thanks for the fast response and reply in this thread.

I can see the prices have been updated. However, in some cases they have been lowered but remain above the new price caps and in other cases, they have been increased. For example, from Gibraltar and Réunion, it now says £4.10 to send a text and £2.87/min to receive an incoming call, which are respectively 54 times and 43 times the price caps! I suggest you check all the examples I gave above. Norway is also still higher than permitted.

Old
  (#18)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-07-2012, 09:41

It seems that many of the prices have now been updated. However, the following discrepancies remain:
  • 100+ countries are listed as having free incoming calls, including the whole of the European Union. However, the published call charges for all the listed countries are showing charges for incoming calls. The two pages contradict each other.
  • EU and EEA countries and territories that are outside the EU VAT area (Gibraltar, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and French overseas departments) are all showing prices that exceed the regulated price caps. For example the price cap for an outgoing call is €0.29 x 0.8293 = £0.240497, but the price is shown as £0.28, 16% higher than the price cap.

Old
  (#19)
toggle mobile (Offline)

Default 18-07-2012, 16:50

Hi NFH,

Thank you for your feedback.

Further to you comments:

- You are totally right about the Free Incoming Call Countries, the rates are not correct on our website. Please note that we didn't charge it to any customer, only on our website is not correct but customers are being charged the right rates.

- I'm waiting from my Legal Team's feedback regarding VAT. I will post it here and if that's the case, change the rates accordingly.

Thank you and have a great evening.

Best,
Sofia

Old
  (#20)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-07-2012, 17:17

Quote:
- I'm waiting from my Legal Team's feedback regarding VAT. I will post it here and if that's the case, change the rates accordingly.
You may want to refer your legal team to Article 19 of the Value Added Tax (Place of Supply of Services) Order 1992 and also consult the prices of Vodafone and Three who correctly exclude VAT when roaming in parts of the EU and EEA that are outside the EU VAT area.

Toggle Mobile has an innovative product, particularly with the local numbers when roaming, and I hope that Toggle or another Lycamobile company is similarly innovative when it becomes possible from July 2014 to choose an alternative provider for EEA roaming services on the same SIM card while continuing to use one's usual provider in the UK. See http://berec.europa.eu/doc/consult/bor12_68.pdf

Tags
netherlands, toggle