PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-06-2009, 08:58

Top-up can only be done via our website.

The reason for this is it help stop fraudulent credit card payments. If a customer is using a stolen credit card, His can use his phone and make non stop outbound calls until the credit card is blocked.

The system we use now verifys the customer details and also looks at the call logs/records. Most, If not all stolen credit card payments seem to buy large amount of call credit.

All our sim cards have a low credit warning system. When your account reaches $5 or less. You will receive a free sms/text message giving you your account balance. The warning trigger can be changed to any amount.

There is also the option to have the call cost and balance every time you make or receive a call. This service is also free or you could just dial 187 from your travel sim for your account balance. (free service)

Old
  (#32)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 02-06-2009, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
Easyroam:

Can you recharge the SIM directly from the cell phone or by calling your customer service?
Do you mean like this (SMS) when you say from the phone? https://globalsimcard.co.uk/text2topup.php

Old
  (#33)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-06-2009, 20:46

MrEd:

With my EKIT SIM I just have to dial 191 and I am connected to either a self service touch tone recharge system or a live customer service rep. I have found that I am not always able to get to a computer. I was on an overnight ferry from Palermo to Naples once and they had no computer. So if needed, I could at least recharge by phone with EKIT. Also, I was once on a cruise ship and recharged from my balcony by giving a customer service rep my AMEX number right over the cell phone.

Old
  (#34)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 03-06-2009, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
MrEd:

With my EKIT SIM I just have to dial 191 and I am connected to either a self service touch tone recharge system or a live customer service rep. I have found that I am not always able to get to a computer. I was on an overnight ferry from Palermo to Naples once and they had no computer. So if needed, I could at least recharge by phone with EKIT. Also, I was once on a cruise ship and recharged from my balcony by giving a customer service rep my AMEX number right over the cell phone.
With Text2TopUp you don't need a PC or web access. You simply send an SMS. provided you have mobile coverage, you can top up anywhere.

Old
  (#35)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-06-2009, 15:18

MrEd:

Text2topup sounds like a good alternative too if no computer is available. I am not sure if Easyroam's SIM can do that either.

Old
  (#36)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-06-2009, 06:13

Hey Easyroam,

Can we have an update on when the dual-sims will be available and whether old UM customers can trade for those?

Thanks!

Old
  (#37)
djhak (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default What's up with TravelSIM? - 30-06-2009, 23:34

I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Old
  (#38)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-07-2009, 00:48

You talking about this one easyroam - 100% Free roaming - No Daily Fee - No connetion charge ! ?

I do not remember having to validate email. I just topped it up and it was active almost instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhak View Post
I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#39)
djhak (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-07-2009, 01:28

I owe easyroam an apology. I was dealing with travelsimshop.com, not travelsim.co.uk (easyroam).
The other issue exists for TravelSIMshop.com (+372). If anyone can help with that, I would appreciate it.

Old
  (#40)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-07-2009, 15:08

I will answer my own question. The website is now saying there is a July 13th launch date for the new Travel Sim dual sim cards. I hope we can turn in our United Mobile cards for those.

Tags
travelsim, united mobile