PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 02:49

BBob:

Did you buy one of those Chinese Iphone knockoffs, the Hiphone? If so, how bad was it? I have seen those on Craig's List for $79.

Old
  (#62)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-06-2009, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
BBob:

Did you buy one of those Chinese Iphone knockoffs, the Hiphone? If so, how bad was it? I have seen those on Craig's List for $79.
No bought it last year on dealextreme, model v90. How it works there is they only show positive reveiws of customers. When your read questions and remarkts from customers you find out that most of them are not really happy.

Have indeed saw some of those iphone looking phones. Just don't want to spent any money to see if they work. Some only have 3 month guarantee, others maybe 1 year. Good chance you have to sent them back at your cost and also pay for the shipping back to you.
I sent my back to dealextreme for guarantee but had not heard anything from them. Now 6 month later filled a complaint and finally they credited me. So I am left with 100 dollar to buy some more of their crap product.

My advice stay away, it's cheap copies or if you want to buy one get one from a us supplier that imports them. In case of a problem he has to solve it. That said if he is still in business than.

I don't know how the samsumg sim works but the chineese, when you have a call going on on 1 sim and get a call on the other sim it goes straight to voicemail, so you can't switch between calls on 2 sims.

Als there are some posting on the internet where they took apart an iphone to analyse what's in it and how much it would cost. From what I can remember it was more than 79 dollar. So even if prices have dropped just based on hardware cost, apple being a big player just think logical they can't make a quality phone for that price. They can't even if the hardware cost of big players is allready higher.

Quote:
Portelligent has told EETimes, that based on what they now about the components that Apple are using in the iPhone 3G, the actual bill for materials could be as low as $100.00 as compared to the original iPhone’s material cost of $170.00.
Even if the chineese can make it for $100 they still have to make a few dollars on it. So imagine if they sell a phone for $79, they still make some money on this, so their cost maybe 65$. The only way you can explaine a big difference like this is crap components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I assumed that this was about a dual-ID SIM, not dual-SIM phones
dula sim phone. 2 sims working at the same time in 1 phone. Think I even posted a review here somewhere.

Last edited by bbob; 29-06-2009 at 08:44..

Old
  (#63)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
Yackie:

What will be the policy to keep your new SIM active?
As we dont have any more the same issue or parameters than when we was using 09 mobile back office, our new SIM card will not have any restriction for the delay , so the sim will be Life time....( if life time can be applyed..

For the credit, we will maybe decide to keep it actif for 9 months , it's an usual habit in this business as many customers buy the sim for just one trip usage and drop it..

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#64)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleyip View Post
My biggest questions are whether incoming calls will still be free and if the new sim numbers will still be Iceland based?
Yes we will have few countries with the incoming free and NO it is not an Iceland Based SIM card

NOT a belgium, NOT one isle of Man, NOT a UK, etc etc

This product is a NEW product, result of 8 month works and partnership with one of the major telecom operator and one of the major SIM provider..

Old
  (#65)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I assumed that this was about a dual-ID SIM, not dual-SIM phones
We have signed a Joint venture with a Factory and a RD compagny who make some handset for the major Brand name, or products will not be a cheap chinese handset, BUT will be produced in china, and Korea.....

Old
  (#66)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-06-2009, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
We have signed a Joint venture with a Factory and a RD compagny who make some handset for the major Brand name, or products will not be a cheap chinese handset, BUT will be produced in china, and Korea.....
I also have a question.

It would be great if you would charge (incoming and outgoing calls) by the second or at least at 15 seconds increments instead of 1 minute increments. Do you consider such an option?

Old
  (#67)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-06-2009, 15:17

Yackie, can you tell us where the sim number will be based? Thanks!

Old
  (#68)
WooF (Offline)
Amateur Member

Exclamation Dodgy mobile - 29-06-2009, 18:05

Would anyone really trust a company that has been dead for such a long time. What's the next scam. Ask customers to pay for there new sim card !

Unless your giving customers a free replacement sim card and moving over the old call credit, I would not give you a single dime $

'We make your Money Mobile' - yes, my money in your pocket !

Old
  (#69)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 20:16

[quote=WooF;28125]Would anyone really trust a company that has been dead for such a long time. What's the next scam. Ask customers to pay for there new sim card !

Unless your giving customers a free replacement sim card and moving over the old call credit, I would not give you a single dime $

I can see that you are a Yackie Fan.....great

Off course the SIM will be free and all customers will have their credit back...

Sorry for you....

Old
  (#70)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-06-2009, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
I also have a question.

It would be great if you would charge (incoming and outgoing calls) by the second or at least at 15 seconds increments instead of 1 minute increments. Do you consider such an option?
we are considering 30 secondes, maybe every 20 should be the good number

Tags
yackie mobile