PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#91)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-06-2006, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizake
This is a great feature. But CC merchant accounts, security, and payment methods are difficult issues.

For security reasons we do not have access to cc numbers.
If someone has some experience on the subject, feel free to share :bye2:
I do appreciate your care about the security aspects of remote transactions. However, I don't suggest transferring the credit card numbers directly. I mean rather a solution in which the card number is registered by the merchant and the user just "triggers" the authorisation and recharge process from the phone, not from the website. Of course there shuld a limit on both number and volume of such transactions. I can't help you with tech details however...

Old
  (#92)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 10-06-2006, 16:49

Ok, I will see if our merchant account delivers a mobile solution. Anyway, i think we can still do it over the telephone.

By contacting our customer service via a short code, you can recharge manually by telephone (I will check if this is possible ).

Old
  (#93)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-06-2006, 10:11

What about doing a "reserve" against a credit card similar to what hotels and rental car agencies do.

Old
  (#94)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 11-06-2006, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
What about doing a "reserve" against a credit card similar to what hotels and rental car agencies do.
Like I said earlier, most people do not use a cc to pay. Therefore there will be no possible reserve for those.

I think we can have an automated recharging procedure for customers using a cc. We need to check this issue with our merchant account.

I will let you know.

Old
  (#95)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-06-2006, 18:03

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Call credit balance cannot be checked from the phone. It can only be done from the website. Not a big deal if there is internet access

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#96)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-06-2006, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
Not sure if this has been mentioned. Call credit balance cannot be checked from the phone. It can only be done from the website. Not a big deal if there is internet access
Hmmmmm, prepaid mobile service w/o free incoming calls, no credit adding directly from the phone and, simultaneously, not even checking the balance from the phone - all this sounds pretty strange :unsure:
Unless the business plan assumes that, taking into account all the features above, people will buy huge amounts of air-time credit in order not to run out of it suddenly

Old
  (#97)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 13-06-2006, 21:42

You can indeed check your credit balance directly from the phone.

Old
  (#98)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-06-2006, 22:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizake
You can indeed check your credit balance directly from the phone.
OK, but it seems that Bossman (me either ) couldn't find on the website a short code (or any other method) how to do this....

Old
  (#99)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-06-2006, 23:34

I actually had a chat session via their website, during which I asked if it could be done and if it was a free call. The respondant said no, but that they were working on making it possible. And, that the only option at the moment is via the website

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#100)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-06-2006, 07:04

Has anyone here ordered this but me? Cisake said here (and a day later posted on their web) that they won't have product to ship til at least Thurs. (June 14).

(I ordered thru this site by clicking on the Yackie logo above so that www.prepaidgsm.net gets credit.)

Since I am on the opposite coast, i probably won't get it til the end of next week at the earliest. I don't know how they are shipping. The only complaint so far is: I wish they would have informed me they weren't able to ship when i placed the order last week. They should have at least sent an email. I did get immediate confirmation of the order. If it weren't for the fact i frequent this site, i wouldn't have seen Cisake's post about delayed shipment dates.
This company is the ONLY one who has had a "rep" taking pointed questions AND listening to potential users. I remember emailing a question to another "startup" mentioned here (can't remember name) and never got an answer. Maybe they didn't get off the ground. As i recall, they were going to offer U.S. numbers also.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.