PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-09-2007, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Not in the vicinity of Central station and Centrum at least.
I actually could find Orange at Eriks (I hope this is the name of the book/newspaper shop in Maszakowska and in the new mall at Centralny), but I was more after SIMPlus
You probably mean Empik. That's great that they still sell Orange since they involved into a stronger partnership with Play .

> You can also reachrge in some ATMs ("bankomat") but then usually you type your phone number and the credit is added w/o any extra codes.

Quote:
Right. But someone somewhere (not necessarily in Poland, since I had been on holiday in Argentina some days before,) had cloned my debit card and I had to block it the second day in Poland and I found myself without access to this possibility.
Unfortunately cloning the cards in ATMs also happens in Poland . Basically, only ATMs located in banks or some well-monitored places are safe (but you can never exclude some "conspiracy" from the people who serve the machines ).

Quote:
> Didn't you switch the language of messages to English? Anyway, not all Plus messages are translated .

I did not know about this possibility... If you already wrote about this, I overlooked it. Sorry!
I didn't. I thought it's located on the Simplus page on this site and you had read about it b> The only problem is that you can't get a good voice and data rates on the same SIM. IPlus and Orange Free have horrible voice rates.

I agree. Therefore I switched to SIMPlus, with better data rates also, but with some "side-effects" on recharching the data.ut this code must have disappeared during some update in the past .

Quote:
Thank you again!
Sleepy
U r welcome

Old
  (#12)
sumeet (Offline)

Default hi help needed urgent.. - 17-09-2007, 20:06

Hi all can anyone tell me how to recharge a orange SIM from italy with orange.pl website..
i can reach till the option after filling in th ephone number of thsi polish number.,....but on payment page there si no visa/visa electron option..all are related to polish banks.. ..please if someone knows how to recharge with credit card option let me know..asap.
ciao
its urgent.
thanks everyone in advance over here!!

Old
  (#13)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-09-2007, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
Hi all can anyone tell me how to recharge a orange SIM from italy with orange.pl website..
i can reach till the option after filling in th ephone number of thsi polish number.,....but on payment page there si no visa/visa electron option..all are related to polish banks.. ..please if someone knows how to recharge with credit card option let me know..asap.
ciao
its urgent.
Do you mean https://doladowania.orange.pl/?
Then you should select "Karta płatnicza" option under the POLCARD logo. POLCARD is not a bank but an acquirer of payment cards. The problem is that for security reasons, the first recharge of any user can't be done from the card but via a bank transfer anyway .

There are some other recharge services e.g. http://doladowania.telepolis.pl/ which accept using cards w/o stuoid restrictions as the one described above. However, they restrict the cards to those issued by Polish banks only .

How much time do you have to recharge the SIM and what amount are you interested in? Perhaps there's some other solution but I must look for it...

It seems that http://www.doladowania.pl isn't restricted to Polish cards only.

If it fails, try eBay.pl:
http://telefony-akcesoria.listings.e...istingItemList
Select Orange Go or POP and look for "doładowanie" or "doładowania" (=regarge(s)). Most items people sell there are recharges (even if not described, but some may be SIMs.

Last edited by Przemolog; 17-09-2007 at 22:47.. Reason: some info added

Old
  (#14)
sumeet (Offline)

Default thanks - 18-09-2007, 19:42

Hi Prem Thanks very much for the info..
I am at the https://post.polcard.com.pl website..
but are you sure if i send money to a SIM in turkey, my friend is there...she loves to travel without money.., it will be recharged in real time.?
from ebay i have to register there for buying..and its a difficult task with me not knowing any polish.

ayway i wait for your responce..or alternate solution.
ciao!!
thanx again!
sumeet

Old
  (#15)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-09-2007, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
Hi Prem Thanks very much for the info..
I am at the https://post.polcard.com.pl website..
but are you sure if i send money to a SIM in turkey, my friend is there...she loves to travel without money.., it will be recharged in real time.?
from ebay i have to register there for buying..and its a difficult task with me not knowing any polish.
If the site accepts your Italian card, the recharge process will complete in a few seconds. It doesn't matter where the SIM itself is located "physically" because the credit is stored in the billing system in Poland.
After all, I don't think if travelling in Turkey with the Orange Poland SIM is a good idea, even when we choose from Polish SIMs only . And it doesn't matter if your friend has any money or not - she won't buy Polish recharges in Turkey or any place abroad unless online .

Old
  (#16)
sumeet (Offline)

Default rightly said..:) - 20-09-2007, 19:23

Hi..yes its true..seems you have some experience too regarding poliash girls travelling abroad without money.. ...and not even saying they need recherged..but i know i did it for myself.
anyway..enough jokes..
thanx again man.
I am from india anyway..and i will keep checking for india travellers ..as i study in italy..i can only say for getting wind card here for ppl reading this blog.

now there is offer with ppl getting 200 mins / month sfree to talk inside italy with other wind nos...= NOI WIND.
one other offer enable s you to get you credit recharged based on incoming calls duration.
some 1 euro for 15-20 mins call i guess..
ok..
finally to conclude i buyed from ebay.pl this code....and the vendor rechardeg it for me in 2 mins...alhough it took me 20 mins to register and explain the vendor the situation..

Old
  (#17)
meh (Offline)

Default help >.< - 12-10-2007, 21:24

hi, um..I just moved to Poland and I use Orange..and my credit finished..and I bought credit from some shop, whatever..but what do I do to recharge it? I cant do it..ive tried everything T_T HELPPP

Old
  (#18)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-10-2007, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
hi, um..I just moved to Poland and I use Orange..and my credit finished..and I bought credit from some shop, whatever..but what do I do to recharge it? I cant do it..ive tried everything T_T HELPPP
What did you exactly buy? A scratch card - a black carton (credit card format) with the Orange logo and a nominal in zlotys printed on it or a terminal printout - a piece of paper with the 14-digit code? If it's a scratch card, remove the protecting paint carefully and discover the code. If it's a printout, find the 14-digit seqeunce (with the word "kod" somewhere around).

If both cases, dial *125*14digitTopUpCode# and press OK/green button on your phone. After the confirmation SMS arrives, the credit is increased.

Old
  (#19)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-10-2007, 23:35

Doesn't Orange provide English menus? I'm pretty sure they do.

Another option is to go to one of the many places that has a Telepompka or equivalent topup service (lots of newsagencies and supermarkets do, they usually have a sign near the door). Just write down your phone number and the name of the network and hand them some money. They will add the credit to your account automatically.

BTW, why would you want to use Orange?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell