PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
shamanrhoon (Offline)

Default Pre Paid Data/Voice SIM Card - 30-07-2008, 17:08

Hello to everyone. I found this great forum while searching for a pre paid data/voice SIM card. Hence, thereforth is my question. Does anyone know if there are pre paid data/voice SIM cards out there? I have a Treo 600, which I know is ancient, and the reception is not too great for voice and I only have a pre paid voice SIM in it. However, I am thinking of getting a Unlocked Treo Centro. But I do not want to be locked into a mothly contract. That is why I am asking if anyone knows of such pre paid data/voice SIM cards and where I can purchase them. I live on Long Island, New York. Thanks so much for everyone's assistance.

Last edited by shamanrhoon; 30-07-2008 at 17:21..

Old
  (#2)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-07-2008, 18:37

AT&T GoPhone offers both 'Pay as you Go' and 'Pick your Plan' prepaid options. Unlimited wireless data for both options is $20/30days.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#3)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-07-2008, 19:26

You may have noticed this is a global forum. Do you mean one for use in the United States? If you do, AT&T is probably your only choice for data, offering the plans VladS mentions.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#4)
shamanrhoon (Offline)

Default 30-07-2008, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
AT&T GoPhone offers both 'Pay as you Go' and 'Pick your Plan' prepaid options. Unlimited wireless data for both options is $20/30days.
I did forget to type in that I would be using this SIM card for the United States. To understand the BOLD Text that starts out with VLADS and the others, they are other companies to look into?

Thanks.

Old
  (#5)
shamanrhoon (Offline)

Default 30-07-2008, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
You may have noticed this is a global forum. Do you mean one for use in the United States? If you do, AT&T is probably your only choice for data, offering the plans VladS mentions.

I did forget to type in that I would be using the SIM card in the Unted States only.

Thank you.

Old
  (#6)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-07-2008, 23:31

By "bold text" I think you might mean our user signatures. These are just lists of prepaid SIM cards and/or phones that we own and in which countries. Besides showing off, these do have the helpful side effect of showing which companies or devices we have experience with. So if you were, indeed, planning to look into any of these companies, you could ask us what we thought of them. (And you did, sort of. So, welcome to the forum.)

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#7)
shamanrhoon (Offline)

Smile 30-07-2008, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
By "bold text" I think you might mean our user signatures. These are just lists of prepaid SIM cards and/or phones that we own and in which countries. Besides showing off, these do have the helpful side effect of showing which companies or devices we have experience with. So if you were, indeed, planning to look into any of these companies, you could ask us what we thought of them. (And you did, sort of. So, welcome to the forum.)

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it very much. It does seem that there is only the AT&T plan that I will look into. Also, thaNk you for welcoming to the forum.

Old
  (#8)
carydc (Offline)

Default Need Follow Up info for this ATT Option - 17-08-2008, 08:37

I was wondering if you would mind posting the particulars of the ATT plan that you discovered and as much specifics as possible.

Items like is there a contract?
If so for what period of time?
How many minutes and what kinds of minutes?
Additionally Data Plan and what is included in the Data Plan?
Is there Roaming? If so how is Roaming handled?
Is it local only?

I travel Extensively so I need a US Wide Plan that has Unlimited Data as I use the Internet Extensively for Phone and the Phone as a Wireless Modem as well.

Right now I am hitched to Sprint with both an Aircard and Treo 755p.

Looking for a much less expensive method to provide the same level of service at the US Level and then once I have that Also look for the same level of service in China. I have family in China and will be there at least three times in the next 12 months until my wife gets her VISA to come to the States.

I will ask the China Question in the Asian Section once I track down the plan to have here in the United States.

Additional Data in case others wish to respond.

I have a Treo 680 Unlocked Quad Band Phone. So I can easily move from the Treo 755p to the 680 and not loose much functionality.

Regards,

Cary

Cary Conover
Principal Systems Consultant
Sensible Computing Solutions