Old
  (#11)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 12-01-2009, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
It is strange that they claim to have coverage in 215 countries using the +44 card and
Free incoming calls in 90 countries... I wonder what network agreements they are using...
I'm really curious about July '09

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#12)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-01-2009, 15:02

I think i just order one and my parents can try in Vietnam and Cambodia next month. 40 Euro for the SIM is 8 minutes with their german vodafone-card on roaming in these countries - so not much a loss if it doesnt work as supposed

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#13)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-01-2009, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Both is correct. The 9 months validity is the +423-card, the 8 months (no monthly fee) or unlimited (5/9Euro per month) is the +44 card.
8 month no monthly fee does have an 9 cent incomming charge like um+, it's 10 cents less but it's still 9 cents and therefore not free roaming anymore.

My point is that there website is not clear about this. The FAQ is as you said valid for the +423 number but not for the +44 number. They should at least update there website to reflect these plan a and b options. I just don't like companies that have an unclear website.

Old
  (#14)
WooF (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Goglobalsim - Free Roaming & Fair Usage - 14-01-2009, 03:20

So does this mean I have to have the same amount of outbound calls
to get the free inbound calls?

"The GoGlobal SIM card rates and tariffs assume fair usage of the Services by the customer. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining a ratio of outbound tariff enabled calls to inbound calls of more than 30% on the customers account. There is also a call to SMS policy, i.e. if it is deemed that a customer has bought the GoGlobal Sim for the use of SMS only, GoGlobal reserves the right to suspend service forthwith. In the event of fair usage not being sustained, GoGlobal reserves the right to review the rates and tariffs applied to the customer account or to terminate the Services and in this event, such termination shall be deemed to have been made by the customer. GoGlobal reserves the right to terminate without prior notice for any misuse of the product"

"In order for the customer to receive free inbound calls, the customer must at all times maintain a balance in excess of £2.00"

Better make sure i'm in credit

"GoGlobal reserves the right to disconnect this service at any time, failure to make any outbound calls after receiving 30 inbound will result in the inbound calls being blocked (calling and hanging up within 5 seconds does not constitute a call being made), and a £5.00 fee charged for reconnection . Failure to comply will result in this service being withdrawn and the customer’s contract being terminated with all outstanding costs to be recovered by GoGlobal Sim Ltd"

Do all the wire9/cloud9 brands have the same t&c's, I cant see much on gymsim's website

Old
  (#15)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-01-2009, 03:26

I like the free incoming in Alaska, but not the mainland.

Old
  (#16)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-01-2009, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooF View Post

Do all the wire9/cloud9 brands have the same t&c's, I cant see much on gymsim's website
I looks like many of the cloud9 brands have strange terms like the ones you quote and gt-sim, gymsim and maybe some others.

As a user you don't want to look into this kind op crap if you receive more calls than making them or if you have to pay 10 euro per 3 month to keep the card active or other strange terms.

From what I know cards like easyroam also use cloud 9 and they don't have these terms, just a 10 or 12 pund charge to keep the card active after every year. That said easyroam rates are a bit higher sometimes compared to the cards having these terms. So it would just depend on how many calls you make or receive which card is best.

Old
  (#17)
WooF (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Not cloud9 - 14-01-2009, 12:11

It not easyroam with manx telecom? They have 07924 numbers

cloud9 have 078722

Old
  (#18)
cloud9 (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 14-01-2009, 13:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooF View Post
It not easyroam with manx telecom? They have 07924 numbers

cloud9 have 078722
Hi Guys,

Our resellers are free to set their own terms and conditions and rate sheets we dont tell them what to do at all.

Also FYI Cloud9 also have some 07924 numbers.... 079245 and 079246, Manx only have some of them as these are for IoM! Just in case you see some new numbers around in the near future.

Cheers

David

Old
  (#19)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-01-2009, 14:51

David,

It's a shame that some of your resellers are not very clear about there terms. I have given examples of GT-SIM charging when not used, than other one who do charge connection fee or no connection fee but a monthly term. Than there are ones that use fair use and ratio of receiving calls and making calls.All this is hidden a bit or not very clear.

As you said it's up to your resellers to do that but in order for you to promote your platform it would be wise if you at least instruct your resellers to be clear what they sell and not hidding costs. Also some don't update there website not regularly and this again causes mistakes.

Old
  (#20)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-01-2009, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I looks like many of the cloud9 brands have strange terms like the ones you quote and gt-sim, gymsim and maybe some others.

From what I know cards like easyroam also use cloud 9 and ...
No.

It's a bit surprising you've assumed this, and let's hope I can clarify before any embarrassment is caused.

Wire9/Cloud9 is not part of or otherwise associated with Manx Telecom; it is a separate GSM licence holder and network, and therefore a potential commercial rival.

Some of the brands we know are on Manx, and some are on Wire9.

The username cloud9 here is unsurprisingly from the company, and a search of his posts would find some comments on the reseller brands which inhabit the network, including a list.

ekit, GT-sim, all the brands reselling the former Callkey (including Easyroam and Geosim and a few others), and perhaps another, are on Manx and have no connection with Wire9.

Last edited by andy; 14-01-2009 at 17:36..

Tags
goglobalsim, gymsim