(#1)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default Voipcheap.com and other Betamax sms callback - 14-05-2007, 14:48

just introduced today

Quote:
14.05.2007 SMS Callback!

You can now initiate a call via SMS.
Text the number you want to call to +447624800947. We will call you on your mobile, and connect you to that number.
So no need to be around a computer anymore.

The number has to be in international format, for example +44123456789.

You can also sent a vCard. Simply sent the vCard to +447624800947, and we will connect you with the main number.

Call charges will be settled via your VoipCheap account.
And a 5c connection charge

Cheaper trigger sms messages could be sent on another phone, eg with a Vyke, mobisms or similar account, as long as that account was set up for the sender ID of the phone receiving the callback.

For UK readers, as well as anyone roaming with an O2 UK prepay SIM on My Europe Extra, it's also worth looking at ReturnCall, which uses callback that dials a trigger number, and rates that start at 5 or 6p for int'l landlines

Last edited by andy; 12-12-2007 at 12:24.. Reason: comment removed; RC rates changed

Old
  (#2)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-05-2007, 13:35

I disagree Andy, on Phone number registration with Betamax. I have UK number regiterd with VOIPDISCOUNT.COM using Czech adrress and Cypriot one on POIVY.COm using German adrress. No problem with registration. What more, when calling from the computer VOIPDISCOUNT remits my UK phone as ID to calling party. Nice extra.

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-05-2007, 14:40

You are right, and I just came here to correct myself

What is not possible is to use their foreign callthrough access numbers, so I made the mistake of guessing that also applied to this.

I've just added a German number to my UK VC account, and used the callback

Voipbuster have just added the same sms callback facility, so it would not be a surprise to see others soon. JustVoip would be nice, but I think less likely ...

Last edited by andy; 15-05-2007 at 14:48..

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 31-07-2007, 12:27

I read this morning that JustVoip has introduced sms callback

And apparently on FreeCall and Voipdiscount as well

But not all Betamax brands, it seems

Last edited by andy; 31-07-2007 at 12:36..

Old
  (#5)
sailorbg (Offline)

Default 07-09-2007, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I read this morning that JustVoip has introduced sms callback

And apparently on FreeCall and Voipdiscount as well

But not all Betamax brands, it seems
Where did you read this Andy. I'll be very happy if this is true. BUT I can't find information and instructions how to do it on justvoip page.

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-09-2007, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbg View Post
Where did you read this Andy. I'll be very happy if this is true. BUT I can't find information and instructions how to do it on justvoip page.
When logged in to the account on the website, see on the menu down a bit on the left - Make VoIP calls via your mobile phone.

Depending on your country (well, the country you set the account up in), there may be first a description of using a callthrough access. But the sms facility will be there for all accounts

Use your credit for regular calls from your mobile phone

No matter where you are, you can now always benefit from the JustVoip rates and make cheap mobile calls just by sending an SMS!

Here's how it works:

1). Make sure you have entered your mobile phone number in your personal details.

2). Send an SMS containing the number you would like to call including the national prefix (e.g. a number in the UK send +44 123 456 789) to +44 762 480 2809 (save this number in your mobile phone under JUSTVOIP so you can always use it!)

3). Your phone rings, pick up, wait for reply and start talking!

Last edited by andy; 16-01-2008 at 19:21..

Old
  (#7)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2007, 23:52

CBW has an alternate provider that has a SMS trigger system.

Old
  (#8)
sailorbg (Offline)

Default 14-09-2007, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
When logged in to your account on the website, see on the menu down a bit on the left - Make VoIP calls via your mobile phone.

Depending on your country (well, the country you set the account up in), there may be first a description of using a callthrough access. But the sms facility will be there for all accounts

Use your credit for regular calls from your mobile phone

No matter where you are, you can now always benefit from the JustVoip rates and make cheap mobile calls just by sending an SMS!

Here's how it works:

1). Make sure you have entered your mobile phone number in your personal details.

2). Send an SMS containing the number you would like to call including the national prefix (e.g. a number in the UK send +44 123 456 789) to +44 762 480 2809 (save this number in your mobile phone under JUSTVOIP so you can always use it!)

3). Your phone rings, pick up, wait for reply and start talking!
I should try it with my GLOBALSIM card.
This card don't support CLIP.

Prepaid GSM: Mtel(bg), Globul(bg), Vivatel(bg), Vodofone(gr), Vodagone(uk), Wind(it), Golobalsim

Last edited by andy; 16-01-2008 at 19:23.. Reason: edit of andy's quote

Old
  (#9)
Wellwisher (Offline)

Default 14-01-2008, 16:24

Is this number (+447624800947) supposed to work for any verified cell phone and any Betamax client? I tried to use it from United States for 2 different cell phone numbers (US and Russian) and my client is Voipdiscount.
I plugged into the Voipdiscount profile my cell phone number and verified it.
However, when I send the message with the number I want to call I get the reply: "Your mobile phone was not found in our database, in the voip client go to Tools -> Options -> CallerID and verify your number first!"

Does it take some time for the cell phone to appear in the database, or I have to send the message to another number?

Old
  (#10)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-01-2008, 10:49

There's a different number for each brand. You can find the information when logged in to your account, as described above; Voipdiscount shows +447624802855