PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#471)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-09-2014, 06:10

Out of current context, but still:

Cyprus:
  • SMS praises incoming free, while the website sais 4p/min. It was effectively free.
  • Website sais outgoing to EU (countries I checked) is 18p/minute, SMS sais 23p/minute. I used callback via the free incoming instead, so don´t know what would have been charged.
  • I did make one call from Cyprus to Cyprus lasting 19 seconds. Website sais 18p/minute, SMS sais 23p/minute (same as above), the effective charge was 9p.
Summary:

The rate calculator on Toggle´s website is effectively worthless.

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 08-09-2014 at 06:22..

Old
  (#472)
Advanced Member

Default 16-09-2014, 10:46

This just came to my attention:

If someone tries to call my Swiss Toggle# and I don´t pick up, after 20 seconds of ringing the caller hears the message: "The number you are trying to call is not assigned."

If I do pick up during that timeframe, the connection is established - so it´s not simply an expired number.

Need I say that that´s less-than-helpful?

I contacted Customer Service - let´s see if they can do something about it.

Rgds,
Christian

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 16-09-2014 at 11:11..

Old
  (#473)
Advanced Member

Default 19-09-2014, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
I contacted Customer Service - let´s see if they can do something about it.
Toggle Customer Service sais, they depend on the local companies they work together with, hence can´t do anything about it.

So I called the Swiss Lycamobile folks, trying to tell them that it´s a Lycamobile#. They can´t locate the number in their database, but actually tell me "this number really doesn´t exist, hence the IVR-response is correct".

I tried to tell the guy to call me back as proof that the number does indeed exist - they´re not allowed to do any outbound calling.

As a summary: Seems as if there´s not exactly an easy fix!

EDIT: It´s the same "the number you have dialled is not assigned"-story for my UK#.

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 19-09-2014 at 15:40..

Old
  (#474)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-09-2014, 18:39

After some time, the call is transferred to the voice mail number. Check with *#61#. In my case it says after 25 seconds to 00447404000231. This should be the Lycamobile UK voice mail that has nothing to do with the local Lycamobile numbers. I cannot reach that number from any phone, not even from Toggle. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have deactivated the voice mail.

Old
  (#475)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-09-2014, 07:02

@chrisneedtoknow

Have a look at the new orange.ch unlimited EU roaming offer, that might be ideal for you!

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#476)
Advanced Member

Default 22-09-2014, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
After some time, the call is transferred to the voice mail number. Check with *#61#. In my case it says after 25 seconds to 00447404000231. This should be the Lycamobile UK voice mail that has nothing to do with the local Lycamobile numbers. I cannot reach that number from any phone, not even from Toggle. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have deactivated the voice mail.
I also had my voicemail de-activated, and call diverts (which I cannot change) from my number also point to +447404000231.

Maybe you should check if you also get the "this number is not assigned"-announcement!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
@chrisneedtoknow
Have a look at the new orange.ch unlimited EU roaming offer, that might be ideal for you!
Thanks for the hint!

There´s a lot of movement in the market right now. t-mobile.de suddenly offers an EU-roaming package at €5extra/month, which allows using your "national" data throughout EU+EWR+CH, plus it includes calls to Germany + within the country visited.

The mentioned orange-offer doesn´t include enough data for my liking.

simquadrat.de offers a flatrate at 19.95 to all of EU+EWR+CH, albeit only from Germany.

This trend encourages me to hope that there will be true "all-EU" packages soon, so I´ll wait just a little longer before re-optimizing everything from scratch.

Old
  (#477)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-09-2014, 14:25

In Italy 3 out of 4 main carriers have at least one EU-wide offer since last year.

TIM offers 500min, 500sms and 500MB (within and to EU) (+ national unlimited texts and calls, 3GB data) for 49€/month, while Vodafone offers unlimited calls and texts (to EU and USA) and 5GB within EU and USA (and Italy) for 75€/month. Wind instead offers 1000min, 1000sms (to EU) and 1GB (+national unlimited calls and texts, 2GB) for 39€.

Unfortunately not on prepaid, where we have to stick to daily bundles

N.B.: even Switzerland, Norway and Iceland are included.

Old
  (#478)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-09-2014, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
I also had my voicemail de-activated, and call diverts (which I cannot change) from my number also point to +447404000231.

Maybe you should check if you also get the "this number is not assigned"-announcement!?
I get the same result by calling +447404000231 directly or calling my Toggle number and waiting for 25 seconds until the call is diverted. Which one that is, depends on the network/operator from which I call. On some there is a message that you describe. On others about 2 seconds silence, then the call is simply ended without any announcement or explanation on the display. On other networks the phone stops ringing and starts ringing again after few seconds (no ringing here in the case of direct dialing the voicemail).

What is even more annoying is, that those that call me see the same behavior when my phone is busy. Instead of busy tone they either hear an announcement about the not assigned number or the call is simply ended without any explanation.

Strangely though this is not the case when the phone is out of coverage. Although the divert number is the same for that case, the announcement for the phone not being available is played and an SMS sent as soon as the phone registers to the network again.

Old
  (#479)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-09-2014, 18:02

In the case Toggle would blame other network operators for this behavior, it is easy to demonstrate that that is not the case. Calling the Toggle number from another Toggle SIM gives these results in my case:

- No answer: 25 seconds ringing, then 2 seconds silence, then the call is ended without any notification. Neither as sound nor on the display. Calling other operator's numbers mostly there is a SIT tone plus a "no answer" notification on the display.

- Busy: few seconds silence, then the call is ended without any notification. Neither as sound nor on the display. Calling other operator's numbers mostly there is a busy tone plus a "busy" notification on the display.

In these tests the call was from Toggle to Toggle. They control the complete path.

Last edited by peterdoo; 27-09-2014 at 18:11..

Old
  (#480)
123soleil (Offline)

Default 28-09-2014, 16:03

I've been using togglemobile for almost a year. In my opinion, the best euro-wide sim card available. Free incoming call is to me the killer feature (BTW, can confirm that incoming calls in singapore are free). But what totally sold it to me is how cheap their Swiss tarifs are. 3p/minute for landline and 9p/minute for mobile. That's 2-3x cheaper than the cheapest swiss provider (aldimobile) Why isn't all of switzerland going crazy over this???? Fact is, no one in switzerland has heard of toggle mobile.

My only complaint is that when calling, the receiver sees the UK number. Is it possible to use another number for caller ID?

Tags
netherlands, toggle