PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
saren (Offline)
Official Member

Default Firefox periodically forgetting obvious login information on websites. - 16-03-2008, 18:09

Firefox periodically forgetting obvious login information on websites.

I'm curious why the latest version of Firefox isn't remember ALL usernames, emails, and passwords like it usually would?>

Over the last few days, more, and more websites (including hotmail) have been logging me out periodically, and not remembering my login information the next time around. I have to type out my information manually on several sites.

I don;t remember doing anything different to firefox the last few days, and my computer is clean, and regularly checked. What's happened?

Old
  (#2)
limpwaster (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-04-2008, 11:35

Im not certain, but its probably security related. I personally dont save ANY username / password information to be as safe as possible, doesn't take long to retype them!

You can see your current privacy settings under tools / options then security or privacy. You can choose to save/not save passwords, etc under these option tabs. It might be set to not save them as a default option.

Old
  (#3)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-04-2008, 03:14

There was recently a new update, whcih also affected me with some security things. I never store passwords, but I felt it lately as you are with their new release update.

Old
  (#4)
Jayzon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-04-2008, 04:06

Do you have "accept cookies from site" -> "as they expire" under the Privacy tag.

The "Remember passwords for sites" under the Security tab is only for remembering your password so when you go to hotmail for example, your password will be there after you type your username but it will still log you off when the cookie expires.

Old
  (#5)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-06-2008, 09:18

What about new version?

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570