Old
  (#31)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-11-2007, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradock View Post
I was unable to register in Ecuador,Peru,Chile and Argentina.

I received callbacks in Bolivia and Brazil (making a call from the mobile) also received sms.

I couldn't receive calls (people calling with a fixed line from Spain that worked when 09 card was in Spain, so its not the problem in source line) in Bolivia,Argentina,Brazil (in brazil they have european frecuencies).
I used the providers in each country that 09 customer support told to me to use and tried others also,without sucess.

In Ecuador,Peru,Bolivia,Chile,Argentina and Brazil I could make and receive calls without any problem with Vodafone Spain pay as you go card.

I will travel to Poland and Ukranie in December, and I will report.
Hi,

I've just had some tests done in Argentina on both the "Telefonica" and "Personal" networks and in Chile on the "Entel" network.

All tests were successful.

I'm unable to test Ecuador and Peru at this time. I will attempt to test these locations as well.

When were you travelling in this area? There have been some important upgrades recently so there may have been issues previously that we were not aware of that have since been resolved.

Thanks for the tip.

Old
  (#32)
bradock (Offline)

Default 23-11-2007, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
Hi,

I've just had some tests done in Argentina on both the "Telefonica" and "Personal" networks and in Chile on the "Entel" network.

All tests were successful.

I'm unable to test Ecuador and Peru at this time. I will attempt to test these locations as well.

When were you travelling in this area? There have been some important upgrades recently so there may have been issues previously that we were not aware of that have since been resolved.

Thanks for the tip.
I stayed in Ecuador from end of June until August, and also in mid-September.

In Chile,Argentina,Brazil,Peru,Bolivia from mid-August to mid-September

Old
  (#33)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-12-2007, 17:19

The 09 "My Account" page has something interesting. Under "Account Info" there's a tab that says "Life Cycle". Under this tab there is a block that says "Life Time" with a value of 600 days. Do you suppose this means that the 09 SIM actually has an expiration of 600 days?

Old
  (#34)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 09-12-2007, 17:37

Same for me

Old
  (#35)
kwantlen (Offline)

Default 20-12-2007, 21:18

I just returned from a trip to Peru, Ecuador and Colombia. 09 Mobile did not work.
I purchased separate SIM cards in each country which are very inexpensive. In Peru Claro sells for $ 10, in Ecuador Movistar for $ 5 and Colombia with TIGO also $ 5. Includes some talking time. Text messaging very inexpensive, foreign calls average $ 2/min; incoming calls are free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post

Old
  (#36)
krabat

Default 28-12-2007, 23:38

I'm currently travelling through south america. So far I've been in Argentina and Chile.
In Argentina the 09 sim worked very well, it roamed with all 3 mayor networks.
However in Chile I haven't been able to connect with any network. Neither Entel, nor movistar, nor smartcom works.

Old
  (#37)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-09-2008, 23:32

Previously, whenever I tried to send a SMS from my 09 SIM it just went into the ether and vanished. I thought I'd check it again and this time it worked perfectly to my US T-Mobile account. I also sent it a SMS from FishText which also worked perfectly.

Old
  (#38)
kwantlen (Offline)

Default 26-09-2008, 05:31

I travelled in Venezuela in August 2008. 09 worked in Caracas, Ciudad Guyana (quality was like next door), larger cities but had problems in smaller towns ringing the other phone but not making a voice connection. SMS worked when logged into network.

Calling rate very reasonable, i.e. around 20 cents/per minute.

However, big awakening in the US. The connection was excellent but calling Canada I was charged almost $ 3 per minute.

Old
  (#39)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-09-2008, 09:50

Roaming in the US on just about all the sims will cost an arm and a leg. Maxroam is the only international sim I am aware of that has OK rates in the US. For example receiving and calling to the UK (mobile) costs 38 euro and 67 euro respectively.

Incoming Call €0.38
Outgoing Call To Cellular In U.K. - England €0.67
Outgoing Call To Landline In U.K. - England €0.50
Call To a Local Landline In USA €0.46
Call To a Local Cellular Phone In USA €0.46
Sending an SMS From USA €0.21
Calling Your Voice Mail €0.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwantlen View Post
However, big awakening in the US. The connection was excellent but calling Canada I was charged almost $ 3 per minute.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile