PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default GlobalSim - Can't topup. - 15-02-2007, 20:43

This is just FYI...

I tried to topup my sim from FreeGlobalSim. My 180 day period will be up in a few days. So, that's my reason for trying to top it up. I received a "top up successful" page. Well, I received the email below not too long ago. By then I would have passed my 180 days. So, I have replied to them to let them know...Can't see how they would deactivate my card. I could not topup because of their own problems. I will post back if I receive a response to my email.

------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Please be aware that the merchant services for our website are currently down and will be inactive until the end of the month. Until this time you will not be able to top-up your card.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-02-2007, 21:15

I suppose that they will not deactivate your card. If this is done automatically they will have to restore it.

Old
  (#3)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-02-2007, 21:37

On a similar not, I went online to check my UM balance. I was going to let a friend use the sim on an upcoming cruise through Western Caribbean, because incoming is supposedly free in all the countries on his itinerary. I was surprised to see it say zero. I last used it in OCT last year and I had some credit on it. So, I popped the sim in my phone and checked the balance, and it reported correctly. tried to make a call to my mobile and I receivd the call back, and hung up ass soon as my mobile started to ring. So, I am thinking it's just a glitch on the website. regardless, I went ahead an emailed them just to let them know what I observed.

Old
  (#4)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 16-02-2007, 05:42

Mine shows zero also. And it is not zero. So it must be a problem with the website. I have seen this happening again. And then it went back to normal.

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2007, 09:59

Yes. It is a problem with the website. I heard back from them and they confirmed that it's all okay now. I also verified that.

I also heard back from the global sim rep. Apparently, contrary to what's on their website, the sim gets deactivated for non-activity in 180 days and not for lack of topup. Here is the email I received

------------------------------------------------------------
Dear sir,

Your sim will only be deactivated if you have not used your sim within a 180 day period. This refers primarily to phone calls from the sim, so your sim card will not be deactivated at the end of the month.

I am sorry for any confusion with this issue, please be assured that your sim will not be deactivated as long as you have made a phone call in the past few months.

I hope this has cleared things up, please let me know if you have any other concerns or questions

Kind Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Mine shows zero also. And it is not zero. So it must be a problem with the website. I have seen this happening again. And then it went back to normal.

Old
  (#6)
Travis (Offline)

Default Latest for Globalsim - 22-02-2007, 20:27

A update on the globalsim situation for merchant services.

The problem first came about on 3rd Jan 07, the merchant service company we used went into liquidation and basically shut our services off in one fail swoop. We immediatley moved to London & Zurich of which is a credible company, however their CMS department for credit card payments screwed up security on the payments and generally were incapable of dealing with international payments, we have since moved to EuroConex, which is a Irish base company which is part of a larger firm from the US. We also for fraud reasons have moved to ProTx for security factors to provide a safer reliable service.

We have had notice that between now and the 5th March 07 that the merchant number will be supplied for services to continue.

Within this down time we have been working to achieve more facilities including forwarding etc and these will be actioned within March.

We apologise for any inconvenience and if you have and problems email info@freeglobalsim

Reference 180 days of credit issues, we do not switch of any sims on the 180 day mark at the moment. This will be a facility being put in place in the 2nd Quarter this year. Everyone will be notified when this is the case.
If you however make a call or send a sms you will Reset this 180 days when the function comes into place.

I hope this is enough information to update you all and within the next 10 days i hope to bring good news to the forum.

Travis Hayler
I.T Director

If you're attacking your market from multiple positions and your competition isn't, you have all the advantage and it will show up in your increased success and income.