PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-06-2008, 19:02

Yackie should probably just go ahead and update their terms and conditions/web[page that there is no longer a free number. Since it seems like they are cancelling it again even after re-activating it, and they are not waiting to see if $5 was used in 90 days or not.

I last used mine in the caribbean at the end of March. I have not seen an email yet, however, I will not be surprised if it gets cancelled.

PS: If it expires, it's probably best to just add a DID as needed. Of course, you will be billed for a minimum of 3 months (at $3/month for most of their DIDs) and a $4 setup fee.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Last edited by Bossman; 16-06-2008 at 19:10..

Old
  (#12)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-06-2008, 19:55

wonder if maxroam will be next as they are also offering did in numbers.

Yackie does offer the option to buy a seconds or thrid number which you have to pay x dollar per month for to keep alive.

The y should also do this with the first number, just pay for it if you want. If you don't want it don't take it. Or is you use $5 credit in the given time the number is free.

On the other hand I understand yackie they are looking for people using the card regularly and they are not waiting for people using their card from time to time.

Old
  (#13)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-06-2008, 20:07

Actually, maxroam, according to their FAQ, were supposed to be charging 1 euro/month whether the card is used or not. But, they have not been implementing that charge. I have the card and have never been charged.

Maxroam, like yackie, also allows you to add several numbers to your sim card, however they do not stipulate that you have to hold the number for 3 months (Just 1 month), and I do not think there is no setup fee for the number.

Old
  (#14)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-07-2008, 15:50

Ok. I got the email too today. I'm kind of debating if I should waste $5 now or just let it expire and add a DID when I travel in September. Adding the DID will cost me $13 though (3 month minimum rental at $3/month + $4 setup fee).

Old
  (#15)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default DID expiration - Response from yackie. - 22-07-2008, 19:08

Don't know if anyone here is still using yackie. Anyhow, here is the response to a question I asked regarding the DID expiration. Most folks here probably already know this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Goodmorning,

When a DID is purchased it is good for an automatic period of 3 months. If you do not use any airtime for 90 consecutive days the DID will expire. In order to prevent this you must consume $5.00 of airtime every other month. If your DID expires and you would like to try and reactivate the same number it may be possible for us to reassign it if it has not been an extended period of time. If we reassign the DID you MUST consume $5.00 of airtime within the first 7 days of reactivation or you will loose the DID number again. Reactivation may be done one time as a courtesy to our customer.