PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-01-2009, 19:42

Thanks for the clarification and the list.

It does remain a fact that there are some strange terms around and even companies offering the same platform have different terms.

But the ones one cloud9 still have strange hidden things that can only be found in their terms, and who reads the terms ?

Gymsim see this thread.

goglobal for example:

6. “Free Roaming” - destinations which are free of charge when receiving calls (subject to fair usage).

The GoGlobal SIM card rates and tariffs assume fair usage of the Services by the customer. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining a ratio of outbound tariff enabled calls to inbound calls of more than 30% on the customers account.

OCIS 8

If a customer does not use £30 of credit in a quarter we will charge the account £2.99.
The SIM card is an international card and not intended for domestic use ???????

Simstogo.co.uk

6) How long will unused credit stay on my card?
There are NO time limits on how long calling credit will stay on your card. Unlike other companies, we believe that if you don`t use up all of your credit on holiday this year, then it should still be there for your holiday next year!

This said simstogo.co.uk is also the same as goglobal sim which has fair use as you can read above. There are no term on the website, at least I could not find them. It sys although No connection fees or hidden charges.

Where are the term and as rates are about the same for simtogo and goglobal (same company) why would the terms be different.

As you see it's easy to find many questions and little answers. I have terms like fair use which goglobal uses under point 6 and than further specify this like a ration of 30% inbound outbound. This is not fair use it's limited use and hidden in term.

Old
  (#22)
cloud9 (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 14-01-2009, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
David,

It's a shame that some of your resellers are not very clear about there terms. I have given examples of GT-SIM charging when not used, than other one who do charge connection fee or no connection fee but a monthly term. Than there are ones that use fair use and ratio of receiving calls and making calls.All this is hidden a bit or not very clear.

As you said it's up to your resellers to do that but in order for you to promote your platform it would be wise if you at least instruct your resellers to be clear what they sell and not hidding costs. Also some don't update there website not regularly and this again causes mistakes.
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your comments, I am also more than happy to pass these on to the resellers as you suggest and will let you know any feedback.

Cheers

David

Old
  (#23)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 20-01-2009, 20:18

My first experiance with the GymSIM:

Ordered on Jan 13, arrived today as registered mail from UK.
package contains the SIM, a rates sheet, quite detailed and clear instructions about dialing and possible problems in certain countries.

Testing:
The SIM was activated via the website within seconds, registers to Vodafone network here.
Incoming and outging calls worked very well, SMS worked as well - my SMS from the GYMSIM was received 4 times in a row, but charged only once.
Big CON: There is no call details list on the website.

Next month the card will travel to Vietnam and Cambodia, reports follow up.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#24)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-03-2009, 09:13

Test report GYMSIM Vietnam and Cambodia:

After arrival in Hanoi the card had some problems to be reached ("The number you have dialled is not assigned"). A call with the very kind customer care hotline and the problem was solved within a few hours. They even called my parents in Vietnam and explained them how to swap networks on the phone to avoid problems.
Next pro: The full money we used when it was still patchy was refunded completely to the card balance.

After that the card worked very well in Vietnam, in one network outgoing SMS did not work - but when swapping networks it was fine. Voice quality crystal clear, DID was always transferred on the calls.

Cambodia: When there was coverage (very patchy there) the card worked like a charm, no issues at all.

Overall we were very content with the card and the service, the call cost to the +44787 number from here was very moderate as well, calls via SMSdiscount.com for 7ct/min were always connected with good quality.

Chris

Old
  (#25)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-03-2009, 13:57

Hi,

can you please let me know if this card +44 offers free call diverting to other numbers including mobiles.
Thanks
Claudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Test report GYMSIM Vietnam and Cambodia:

After arrival in Hanoi the card had some problems to be reached ("The number you have dialled is not assigned"). A call with the very kind customer care hotline and the problem was solved within a few hours. They even called my parents in Vietnam and explained them how to swap networks on the phone to avoid problems.
Next pro: The full money we used when it was still patchy was refunded completely to the card balance.

After that the card worked very well in Vietnam, in one network outgoing SMS did not work - but when swapping networks it was fine. Voice quality crystal clear, DID was always transferred on the calls.

Cambodia: When there was coverage (very patchy there) the card worked like a charm, no issues at all.

Overall we were very content with the card and the service, the call cost to the +44787 number from here was very moderate as well, calls via SMSdiscount.com for 7ct/min were always connected with good quality.

Chris

Old
  (#26)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-03-2009, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
Hi,

can you please let me know if this card +44 offers free call diverting to other numbers including mobiles.
Thanks
Claudio
I doubt that you'll find any of these SIMs with free call diversion to an unrestricted range of destinations, though this does some

There were a couple in the past, and I should think they deemed it a mistake

Last edited by andy; 23-03-2009 at 02:02..

Old
  (#27)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-03-2009, 01:12

It's very unlikely that you will see any of these cards offer free forwarding to mobiles. Even the old maxroam card that used to do, they only advertized it as available to landlines in those countries. But I think their system did not disallow forwarding to mobiles or may be was not capable of blocking it.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#28)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 23-03-2009, 08:25

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Claudio
uff, sorry, i never used call forwarding from this number. Only from my home number to the +44 number.

Chris

Old
  (#29)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-03-2009, 09:09

Can you please confirm since you have used the GYmsim card that 9c charge is only for all incoming calls ( all countries) and not for outgoing calls. I understand the +44 number will be valid 8 months and that a call or a recharge will extend its validity for another 8 monhts.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
uff, sorry, i never used call forwarding from this number. Only from my home number to the +44 number.

Chris

Old
  (#30)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-03-2009, 10:49

Quote:
Can you please confirm since you have used the GYmsim card that 9c charge is only for all incoming calls ( all countries) and not for outgoing calls. I understand the +44 number will be valid 8 months and that a call or a recharge will extend its validity for another 8 monhts.
Thanks
I add you some pics here with the call details list from Vietnam (inbound and outbound). You have to deduct a few seconds from each outbound call time as it counts the ring as well - but as you can see they start charging only when the call is picked up.

Chris

EDIT: The attached pictures are resized. Here you can see it in full size: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8554/gym.png
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gym.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	38  

Tags
goglobalsim, gymsim