PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-09-2012, 15:05

ok, in this case i need a top up voucher for another 10.00 and that's it.

Thanks

by the way - how can i spend remaining 0.10 / month?

Old
  (#12)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-10-2012, 11:06

by making a 1 minute phone call or sending one text message

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#13)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-10-2012, 09:57

hi, guys

never realised that finding the correct starter pack (with the usb modem) from Congstar would be such a pain. I have visited about 11 or 12 shops from the list (can do it during my lunch time and 1-1.5 hours after work only) and none of them had it in stock. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .....

Started thinking about alternative solutions. Options I have:
O2 coverage is not perfect, but it's OK in the apartment i rent. By the way i have 1 year old O2 usb modem (boutght in Germany as a starter pack. Used it for 1 month. Subscription expired 5 or 6 months ago.

Can i just buy O2 prepaid mini sim card, register it and use it with the old modem? Simply are o2 usb modems locked to O2 provider or to it's particular O2 sim card (one lad in a shop told me this, could be rubbish, do not know).

Please advise
Thanks

Old
  (#14)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-10-2012, 10:17

hm, i saw the internet stick in 2 shops here on the weekend (Rossman, DM), must be bad luck

I dont know if these usb modems have SIM-Lock or not. Maybe you can ask at the shop if they can give you any o2 card to try if the card will be accepted (when you take your laptop with you)...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#15)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-10-2012, 10:48

@Dm
Why the hell do you want to buy a new stick when you have one? Assuming that your O2 stick is Huawei-made, please read this post: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/mobi...odems-web.html

Also Congstar is quite expensive. Funnily Congstar offer the 3GB pack for only € 15/month under the brand of "ja! mobil" (sold a Rewe supermarkets) and "Penny mobil" (sold in Penny supermarkets). Just pop into a nearby Rewe or Penny supermarket, buy the ordinary "ja" or "Penny" SIM card and choose the "data tariff" while activating it online. After the SIM has been activated and you have topped up your credit, you can activate the 3GB pack as described for Congstar earlier in this thread (i.e. online in their customer portal).
For recharging Congstar, ja and Penny SIMs you may also use regular T-Mobile "Xtra" top up vouchers that are easier to get than the branded ones.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#16)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-10-2012, 11:49

wow,
i'll try to unlock my modem tonight

thanks!

Old
  (#17)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-10-2012, 12:17

btw, one more newbie question, please

when you say "buy ordinary Ja!" SIM card - did you mean that it comes in a usual old fashion size (classics GSM) and i'll have to cut some plastic to get it fit to the unlocked (hopefully!) ex-O2-usb-modem?

thanks again

Old
  (#18)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-10-2012, 13:23

[ added ]

just checked my old records - my modem is ZTE (MF190)
no unlocking ... :weep:

Old
  (#19)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-10-2012, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm_ View Post
when you say "buy ordinary Ja!" SIM card - did you mean that it comes in a usual old fashion size (classics GSM) and i'll have to cut some plastic to get it fit to the unlocked (hopefully!) ex-O2-usb-modem?
No, those credit card-sized SIM cards ceased some 15 years ago. By "ordinary" I mean that there's no special SIM card for data usage - you just need to buy the regular "ja!" SIM and during activation you need to select the "data" tariff among the three variants ("partner", "easy", "data", ja! mobil).

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#20)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Cool 10-10-2012, 18:44

hi again,

activation of Ja! was OK
Now confused about the way to top up ... I have 15 euros voucher (long code) from Rewe shop - but can't on Ja!Congstar web-site (when i log in) where to enter the bloody code

Note: with blau i can do it online

Q: do i have to top up via phone only (*100*code#), or i'm missing something about top up option online

thanks