PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
brad (Offline)

Default possible to register at wind.it site if prepaid sim purchased with passport? - 06-05-2011, 00:59

Is it possible to register at Wind's website (wind.it) if I purchased a pre-paid SIM using a US passport rather than providing a codice fiscale? (The registration form asks for the SIM phone number and CF.) I ask because there were unexpected debits to my account and I'd like to see what I was charged for.

Details of the problem for anyone that's interested or can offer insight...

I purchased a Wind SIM in Venice two days ago for the prepaid 10GB/month (Mega Unlimited) plan. It worked fine (3-4 hours after purchase) for the rest the day and night. Early the next morning (May 4th) I flew to Rome. In Rome, I no longer had Internet access and *123# indicated 0 credits left.

I also received a couple of SMS messages from 155 like this:
Quote:
Le abbiamo addebitato -14.15 Euro a fronte dei 20 Euro previsti dal costo mensile di Mega Unlimited. Per utilizzare l'offerta deve effettuare una ricarica.
(The second SMS was the same except it was for -0.51 Euro.)

After adding 10 Euro to the account today, later stopping by a (hard to find) Wind reseller in Rome, and rebooting the phone, I was back online with 4.66 Euro left. I only know a few words of Italian and the Wind reseller's English was limited, so I'm not sure what happened to the remaining credits.

I only made one 0.34 Euro call and haven't sent any SMS or MMS messages.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any help.

--Brad

Old
  (#2)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-05-2011, 01:05

Certainly give it a go. Try entering your passport number instead of your CF or some number such as 123456 (something the person who registered the sim card for you was likely to have typed instead of your CF).

BTW, I could register my TIM card on 119selfservice.tim.it without providing a CF.

I am afraid the charges might be because the Mega Unlimited plan actually wasn't activated and you paid per MB.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-05-2011, 21:08

You used data before the data option was active, that's the reason why your credit quicky went to zero and then you had to refill again...

Wind card include 5€ of credit, while the Mega Unlimited option needs 20 to be activated. You had to first refill with at least 20 euros and WAIT for the SMS confirming the option was active. You didn't do so, so you used your 5€ +refill using data (2€/hour) and when the option was activated it took you the remaining credit leaving you with a DEBIT of about 6€. When you refilled again (with 10€, I suppose) your credit went up to 4€ and the option was finally active.

Anyway, to register on wind.it you have to enter the codice fiscale exactly as it was created by the dealer you bought your card from.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim