PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-06-2009, 12:09

Yes, the billing period starts at 0:00 h and ends at 23:59 h.

Quote:
¿Tengo que tener un saldo mÃ*nimo en la Tarjeta para navegar?

Para iniciar la primera sesión del dÃ*a el saldo de la Tarjeta debe ser al menos de 3 € (sin impuestos) ya que en esa primera sesión se cargan los 3 € que dan la opción a conectarte y a navegar todo lo quieras entre las 00: y las 24:00 de ese mismo dÃ*a.
source: Yoigo - Ayuda sobre los productos y los servicios de Yoigo.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#22)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-06-2009, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
hi can somene check in regulations if this 100mb of data is from 00:00 or 24h round? I have very sloow connection this morning. I was using yoigo yesterday and was fine.
Quote:
Yoigo - Ayuda sobre los productos y los servicios de Yoigo.
¿Qué es horario peninsular?

Cada dÃ*a empieza a las 00:00 y finaliza a las 24:00, no son 24 horas desde el inicio de la primera sesión. Por ejemplo, si tu primera conexión de un dÃ*a la haces a las 23:55, a las 00:00 se considera que ya es otro dÃ*a distinto y tendrás que pagar otros 3 € más para seguir navegando (sin impuestos).

Recuerda que nuestras tarifas se rigen por ese horario, el peninsular. O lo que es lo mismo, que estés donde estés, el dÃ*a lo contamos desde las 00:00 horas de la penÃ*nsula y termina a las 24:00. Si estás en Canarias allÃ* el dÃ*a empezará pues a las 23:00 y acabará a las 23:00, suena un poco lÃ*o pero es muy fácil. Tú piensa siempre en qué hora es en la penÃ*nsula (los de la penÃ*nsula siempre piensan en el solecito que tenéis vosotros).
Looks like the day runs from 00.00 to 24.00, (on the mainland, on the Canaries it runs from 23.00 to 23.00, ios how I translate that) So starting at 23.00 it's €3 for the hour to 24.00

Old
  (#23)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-06-2009, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohouch View Post
That seems like a lot of dough!
Right this new tariff came in on 6th May 09 and as I was in Spain in June, seems like this €3 is for newer cards, as I didn't pay this daily. In Ireland as far as I know these Data cards don't allow Voice,
but it seems this Yoigo one does.

Old
  (#24)
seal (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-06-2009, 12:44

Strange... i have billed for internet only 1,2o eur for first connection after that nothing. But connection speed is VEEEEERRRRYYYY SLLLOWWWW (64kbit)

I was trying to call yoigo support but i dont know spanish. One of consultants told me that english speaking peoples will be avaiable on monday after 9am.

Maybe i have wrong tariff activated or so?

Maybe someone in spain can read the rules or other infos - maybe i need to activate something?

Card is brand new - buyed yesterday at phonehouse in barcelona - send data 2,94mb recieved data 22,87mb from yesterday.

Its very annoying. I need to send on the evening few reports to my company (abount 10mbytes) check mails and so on

Yesterday at 9pm was working good.

Offtopis: strange - when im calling to poland my friend see +32622.... not spanish country +34....

Old
  (#25)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 21-06-2009, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Yes, the new price is € 3 per day and bandwidth will be reduced to 64 KBit/s after exceeding 100MB of volume.
Yes, this is a new rate, but the old one still applies too! I think there is some major confusion going on here and I will try to clarify.

Yoigo's rates are still €1.20 per day as has always been the case! If you look at Navegar con tu movil you will see that normal browsing through a mobile (which also works if the mobile is connected to a PC or you are using a plug in Modem) is still €1.20 per day, BUT this form of access is throttled to 384kbps even if you are in a 3.5G area (as is my case). On that tarrif there is no mention that your speed will be further throttled if you exceed 100MB/day, but in my experience (and in the experience of several others), your speed does get severely throttled but even after around 50MB of usage. (I do not know to what speed). Incidentally a "day" is a physical day, and a new day always starts at midnight. If you go online at 23:00 and come off at 1AM, you are likely to get charged €2.40.

It is the higher speed HSDPA access which they call "Internat para llevar" which is charged at €3 per day on a prepaid card. See: Yoigo - Internet para llevar.. To be on this tarriff, I think you need to request something. I do not know though, as I am definately still on the base 384kbps tariff, even though I have recently used it to connect through my laptop. (with Phone acting as Modem connected via Bluetooth)

Also note that on all Yoigo tariffs, if they detect P2P or VOIP traffic, your speed will get automatically throttled to something painfully slow. They simply do not allow this and they just love giving out punishments for offenders.

All said... this is why I am in the transition to Simyo which so far I am very happy with!

Last edited by petkow; 21-06-2009 at 14:38..

Old
  (#26)
seal (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-06-2009, 21:09

thanks for your reply. The speed is 64kbits all the time. Can you call yoigo support if i need to change tariff and what do it? Im very confused. I dont use p2p and voip either.

Old
  (#27)
seal (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 22-06-2009, 00:49

update: after midnight speed back to 38kbytes/sec now downloaded about 50mb of data in two sessions and looks ok. We will see...

Old
  (#28)
Billbo (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 22-06-2009, 16:17

People keep saying you can only buy the Simyo card online but here:

https://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14489

Someone mentions:

"Check TelefonÃ*a móvil sin ataduras, tarifas bajas, móviles libres e internet móvil, they use the Orange Network and have great phone and internet rates. You can order a SIM or buy it in one of the authorised stores (not many). You will find a list with google-maps links on their site"

And indeed on their website there appears to be a link to a map of retailers:

Liberadores simyoC/ La Moraña 7 - Google Maps

Old
  (#29)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-06-2009, 12:45

That is good news. Not many shops but not too few either. Does this solve the problem guy from Germany who had asked someone here to help him out in buying a SIM. Hope so!

Just to follow up on this thread. I have been using Simyo for about 10 days now, and the cap at €5.80 (including IVA) does kick in. Also you can conveniently check how much data you are using on their website, though you need to copy and paste into excel to work out the total.

Someone I know has a contract with Simyo and he mentioned that the billing does not mention the data useage, and bills beyond €5.80, but this is then adjusted on the last day of the month with a credit. I think the prepaid option is better in any case.

Old
  (#30)
hoechsterbomber (Offline)

Default 23-06-2009, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbo View Post
People keep saying you can only buy the Simyo card online but here:

https://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14489

Someone mentions:

"Check TelefonÃ*a móvil sin ataduras, tarifas bajas, móviles libres e internet móvil, they use the Orange Network and have great phone and internet rates. You can order a SIM or buy it in one of the authorised stores (not many). You will find a list with google-maps links on their site"

And indeed on their website there appears to be a link to a map of retailers:

Liberadores simyoC/ La Moraña 7 - Google Maps
sorry but your information is NOT true. these are only shops who are experts in unlock handys!! they do not sell any simyo prepaid cards for sure. so my problem is not solved