PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Jrott (Offline)

Default 08-10-2007, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
I think we're onto something here. This happened to me too, though without the Spanish -- just what sounded like my mother saying hello, then silence and/or crackly noises.
Hi Motel
I forgot all about that! I did try a call earlier that day and got the same thing as you, that bad tape loop of hello then silence and/or crackly noises. Later on when I called again I got the Hell (with the o dropped off) and then the Spanish recording. I was so blown away by that, I forgot about the 1st.

Old
  (#12)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-10-2007, 02:46

I also experience thge same spanish recordig a few times I tried late last week. I just tried now, and am ghetting the "no sufficient funds to make the call" message. Of course, thi sonly occurs whe the phone is off. If the phone is on (and ther is service) it rings.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#13)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-10-2007, 22:32

So far, Virgin have contacted me twice, and I talked to a technician, but in the end all I received was a "this is how to set up your voice mail" e-mail that missed the point. I pointed to this forum in my e-mail to them, but they seemed to treat this as a problem affecting one person, rather than something that's been happening all over the place. Oh well.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#14)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-04-2008, 14:22

Still getting this message "There are insufficient funds to make this call" when I call my any virgin UK number. I tried my siblings in the UK and my virgin Uk number which is based. I guess it does not matter if the pone is in the UK or not. I have had to resort to texting them or call on the land line. This makes absolutely no sense!

PS. BTW, my sim used to only roam on tmobile here. It now roams on AT&T too.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Last edited by Bossman; 11-04-2008 at 14:44..

Old
  (#15)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-02-2010, 09:24

One long-running issue finally seems to have been fixed - calling the free customer-service number 789 from abroad now works for direct-deposit customers (previously, it led to a "this number is not in service" message). It only took Virgin five years to correct this.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell