PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
DancerK (Offline)

Default Worldwide Travelling Designer - 19-01-2012, 22:11

First of all I hope I've put this in the correct section ?

I have been scoping various search engines, forums, websites for the best solution and seem to be getting no where... too many pages read, information overload.

I'm a freelance Web Designer/Web Content Manager and I travel quite a lot, on average I'm away once every 3 months in various countries for various periods of time ... the main countries I visit are all of Europe and USA.

I have in the past relied on public wifi hotspots however as my work load increases and the time scale from receiving new instructions to having them live doesn't allow for me to be hunting wifi spots.

My ideal solution would be a Mobile Broadband Dongle with pre paid access i.e. I'd like to let's say pay £40 for XMB (unlimited would be ideal), if I use up that MB whilst abroad I'd like to be able to simply add more data.

Does anything like this exist ? I've found lots of companies offering flat rate charges but they all seem to be post paid.

Any pointers anyone has, or recommended companies that might be suitable I'd be really grateful

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 20-01-2012, 22:31

For unlimited broadband, the only company that I know that would fit your bill would be iPhoneTrip which offers a global daily international rate of roughly $14 for 3g data. This is expensive compared to some domestic offerings, but they will send you over a stack of SIM cards that you can activate by the trip. Watch out for their minimum weekly rate.

aBroadband has a cheapish global roaming data SIM, but it is still expensive for notebook usage.