PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-02-2008, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
It's especially the smaller and densly populated countries like NL, where it makes sense to run a 4th, 5th or even 6th network, because it's relatively cheap to roll-out a network, which further has a higher mean load and so amotizes faster.

Also true of course, we are really spoiled with the coverage here. But 5 networks with only something like 16 million people means that it is also a lot harder to get enough customers.
To me the really interesting countries are Sweden, Norway, etc. really big countries with relatively few people but with a really impressive coverage. In north Sweden you see only mountains and snow but your cell phone will still work. But now I’m getting somewhat off topic….

Old
  (#12)
Hank C Burnette (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-02-2008, 21:55

I also heard lately that KPN is gonna cease the brand HI (his "official" MVNO), and all the customers will be under KPN.

Does somebody knows more about that?

Back in Italy!
Prepaids:Wind (I) Blau (D) T-Mobile (NL) T-Mobile (D)
Deceased Prepaids:1 Mobile (I) Ortel (NL) Orange (F) Lebara (UK)

Old
  (#13)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-02-2008, 23:15

How many brands/MVNOs does KPN own? In Germany it has E-Plus, but also uses BASE, simyo, and ay yildiz (these are their own brands, not considering the many MVNOs that use the E-Plus infrastructure). Seems to me that BASE and simyo are the closest things it has to cross-border branding.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#14)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-02-2008, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank C Burnette View Post
I also heard lately that KPN is gonna cease the brand HI (his "official" MVNO), and all the customers will be under KPN.

Does somebody knows more about that?
Only in Dutch and it doesn't really say they will stop using Hi, it only says they want to focus on KPN and Telfort (which is almost the same, but not exactly....)

Ties

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/51714/kpn...rt-en-kpn.html

Old
  (#15)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-02-2008, 08:42

Wow, it seems KPN collects brands!
BTW I never understood the sense of "HI" offer, which has never been convenient...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#16)
Hank C Burnette (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-02-2008, 17:09

Regarding the prepaid, i agree with you....all calls at 29 ct per minute is not a good choiche (before, i had a T-Mobile "after3" prepaid).

IMHO, hi make sense only for the postpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ties Brants View Post
Only in Dutch and it doesn't really say they will stop using Hi, it only says they want to focus on KPN and Telfort (which is almost the same, but not exactly....)
Ah, that's it, thanx.

Back in Italy!
Prepaids:Wind (I) Blau (D) T-Mobile (NL) T-Mobile (D)
Deceased Prepaids:1 Mobile (I) Ortel (NL) Orange (F) Lebara (UK)

Last edited by Hank C Burnette; 26-02-2008 at 17:37..

Old
  (#17)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 27-02-2008, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Wow, it seems KPN collects brands!
BTW I never understood the sense of "HI" offer, which has never been convenient...
Not brands, but companies, actually. Almost all the brands they have (except for hi) used to be companies. And most of them are ISP's.