PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default blau.de GPRS/Edge problems - 27-11-2009, 11:52

Hi,

I can't get a GPRS/Edge (email and www) connection with my blau.de SIM anymore. For some weeks it worked perfectly with the configuration sent via SMS from blau.de (N5000).
The configuration is still active, I have checked.
Voice calls are working.

Since some days, also on roaming, I get an error message "No network coverage", "link not available", "packet data not available".

Is that a network problem of EPlus?

The handset is a T-Mobile AT branded unlocked version. Is it possible that a branding affects the data connection?

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-11-2009, 12:15

I don't know what the cause is, but during a cruise in the Baltic Sea in August I had similar problems with simyo. Every now and then I couldn't establish data connections (sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours), allthough it worked before and I did not change the network. Also my Nokia E71 didn't register on some networks, on which it was registered earlier. That happened in all countires, I used simyo (Denmark, Sweden, Estonia and Finland) and I tried it also ashore, so it was not caused by interferences on the high sea.
I think eplus has a quite unreliable data and roaming platform.
Since your phone has worked properly before, the branding can't be causal for your issues.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-11-2009, 19:44

, regarding the branding I thought maybe they detected somehow the unlocking and blocked the IMEI. Have you ever heard about this?

In Turkey they block foreign mobiles used with a turkish SIM if you do not pay tax for the "imported" handset.

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-11-2009, 20:40

There are blacklists for stolen IMEIs in some countries and on some networks, but I have never heard of IMEI-based banning of originally locked phones. No operator will voluntarily block stolen or unlocked or whatever phones, because it would mean banning customers and so losing revenue. Also theft has a positive impact on operators' handset sales, because the victim is likely to buy a new phone from his/her operator.

At least within the European Union bans for imported handsets would violate EU market rules.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-11-2009, 21:19

It's getting mysterious now, I get a connection on roaming with an USB modem to WIND I(taly), APN eplus but not with the handset to blau.de GPRS.

added after editing:
After inserting the SIM again into my N5000 the E(dge) symbol appeared again, data traffic is happening.......

Last edited by 9eor9; 27-11-2009 at 21:32..