PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
ca-uk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default getting married in italy this june - need help getting my phones sorted! - 15-02-2008, 11:25

i'm going to italy this year to get married, and as i work for myself i need to sort out my mobiles as i'll need internet access while away.

now, i have a united mobile sim that i've used for calls in the past - i normally forward my uk mobile number to it so i don't pay for incoming, and it just uses the free minutes off my orange contract for the transfer.

the bit i'm more concerned about is data - i don't want to spend a fortune!

i need to work out two things:

a) data for the journey - a couple of days in france and switzerland either side
b) data for italy - i'm in italy for a week - and would like to be able to do work poolside!

for part (a) i'm suspecting it may just be easier to roam on my orange sim for data and swallow the cost

for part (b) then i'm not sure what the best option is - i've read about the WIND sim cards and seen some on ebay, but topups seem like a bit of a pain? another option i've seen would be to get a 3 payg sim, and add "Internet Monthly" and use the "3 Like Home" feature - my only concern is that the coverage checker doesn't zoom in enough to see if where i'm going is covered? Does "internet monthly" give full internet access? i.e. from my tytn2 and laptop?

suggestions, anyone?