PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Cheapest possibility for checking Emails in holidays in italy - 01-06-2007, 12:46

in 6 weeks I spend my holiday in italy near venice. now I want to know what is the cheapest way to use internet only for cheacking emails 3-4 times a day with a umts mobile phone.

is 3 Italy with a prepaid card an naviga 3 (every day 50MB for one month for 9€) the cheapest thing?
or have wind cheaper prepaid cards?

can I get problems if I want to buy a prepaidcard in italy?
how can I activate "naviga 3"? is it easy? can people in the shop where I buy the card do this for me?

how good is the umts quality near venice?

Thanks a lot!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-06-2007, 20:13

Wind has a cheaper offer called "wap-pass" (don't be mislead by the name, it works with norma web APN too) at 3 euros but you have just 10 MB per month, which can be too little for your use. There's also Mega300 which offers 100MB/month for 8 euros.
If you need more data go with 3, the Naviga3 should pass from 50MB/day to 100MB/day in July (if I'm not wrong) still for 9€/month so it's really a good deal.
I have no experience with foreigners buying a prepaid card on 3, but I think it shouldn't be a problem using the codice fiscale, of course, and your passport. Activating the option is very easy, but I don't know if 3 has voice-promts in English so maybe it's better if you ask the dealer to help you with that.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-06-2007, 11:03

Thanks for your help,

do you know what happen if the 50GB are used? can I control or get a massage if the 50GB are over? can I get a negative credit on my prepaid card?

An other option I found on this side. on this side http://www.saveonroaming.net/Italienische_Anbieter.html I have found something of Vodafone. they write something about "Vodafone Connect me" and that I get 100 hours internet for 19,90€ for one month. Do you know if that is correct? When I translate the vodafone side, I understand it like it is a gift for activation internet and I get it only once, or I misunderstand it?

100 hours would be very much. if this is right, you can say to me whether there are restrictions? mybe maximum limit, or somthing different.

Thanks for your help,

Old
  (#4)
Dennis (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-06-2007, 09:42

some useful information for all foreigner which want to by a Tre Sim-Card.

I bought a tre USIM on Ebay and find out some intresting things.

On www.tre.it you find the "Area Clienti", if you registry yourself for this service it is very eays to do some useful things. With the help of google you understand all better. It is not very difficult.

You can:
  • (de)activate the different tarif options
    infos how much you have telephoned and the costs
    and you can reload your credit

this is very nice for me because I dont speak italien so I wouldn't be able to call an italien number and activate a tariff option.

Suggestion for the authors:
It would be helpful if you write on the different informationsites which possiblitys I have to activate the tarrif option and how I can reload my credit. Thanks.