PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
WENewcomb (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-10-2006, 19:59

I need to recharge my HOP Mobile card, but have misplaced the security code for my registered credit card. I have emailed them 3 times in the past 2 weeks requesting assistance/support, but they have not responded. Is the customer service notable for this sort of behavior or is something amiss at their end? Even a call to their customer service number eventually got to a recording that said the number was either out of service or tuned off. Anyone have a similar recent experience or ?

Old
  (#2)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-10-2006, 22:02

Did you forget where they are located, in Lebonon. If you need a recharge, www.intouchusa.com/ 800 872 7626. My time ran out and I had to recharge last week. It took all of five minutes. I think the lowest they will go is $50.00 for a recharge. It will show up on the web site right away. Hope this helps.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#3)
WENewcomb (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 30-10-2006, 01:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter
Did you forget where they are located, in Lebonon. If you need a recharge, www.intouchusa.com/ 800 872 7626. My time ran out and I had to recharge last week. It took all of five minutes. I think the lowest they will go is $50.00 for a recharge. It will show up on the web site right away. Hope this helps.
I did not forget. The fact that they are in Lebanon doesn't explain why they haven't responded in over 3 weeks.

Thanks for your suggestion on recharging.

Old
  (#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-10-2006, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENewcomb
I did not forget. The fact that they are in Lebanon doesn't explain why they haven't responded in over 3 weeks.
Bombed by the Israelis?

Old
  (#5)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-10-2006, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENewcomb
Is the customer service notable for this sort of behavior or is something amiss at their end?
Yes, their CS is rather inept.

I spent about 3 weeks trying to get 2 credit cards (a Mastercard and a Visa) registered with them and was unsuccessful. They kept telling me the cards were "secured" and could not be used. (they're not "secured" in any way.) Several trips to Kinko's for copies of credit card and ID, and multiple faxes to Lebanon, all to no avail.

Powerlifter's suggestion is the way to go. You can also order recharge cards from Hop directly, and applying these credits will extend your balance - so you don't lose it all after 12 months.

Old
  (#6)
unlocked (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-10-2006, 21:41

My last Hop recharge was earlier this year and I had similar problems, first with nonresponsiveness then with their complicated credit-card authorization system that requires faxing copies of the card.

I used Hop fairly extensively in Europe over the last month. In every place I used it (several different cities inFrance, Spain, Germany) my outbound calls eventually got through but it often took several tries, a pain when you have to add all the access codes for numbers not in the phone or SIM memory.