PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-07-2009, 15:19

I would be happy to pay cca. 10 erurocents/min for incoming even within the EU if I would get a local (in my case Hungarian) DID number or the possibility to use a SIP URI to reach my phone. That is approximately the cost I am having now when forwarding calls to my "free incoming" +44 numbered card using VoIP.

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#62)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-07-2009, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizake View Post
You are confusing premium termination and regular EU mobile termination.
Base belgium is no premium number. If you call from EU you will be charged like a 'normal' EU mobile termination. There is no 'premium' to it. 1 min to a Base belgium number is exactly the same cost then 1min to a Vodafone UK or O2 ireland or SFR France.
Most people in EU have plans with Min within Europe. All calls to a Base Belgium number are included in those minutes but not calls to a Lichtenstein or Estonian premium number.
It makes a huge difference.
In Europe calling a Base number is covered by new EU regulation.
Which is not the case for non European premium numbers.
Those premium numbers offer revenue sharing on their termination. EU 'legit' mobile carriers DON'T.
Base does not share any revenue on its termination. ZERO.
Concept of FREE is a concept. Subscriber always pay somehow.
I don't think this can account for why it still costs the GR user anything on their end to receive a call when in Belgium when connected to the BASE network (this SIM does have a BASE number, right?). I understand the difference in termination rates per country means different costs for callers who want to reach various numbers, but what about receiving incoming calls? In other words, there can be negatives for both the GR user & callers who reach GR users (the main purpose of any travel SIM is to stay in touch when abroad, right?) in that people calling a GR user pay a lot extra to call a Belgian mobile number unless they are in Belgium of course & on top of that, the GR user is paying to also receive this same call. I would think this would make perfect sense if the GR user could get a local DID number assigned to the SIM so they can forward calls from their home number to the GR SIM & then it would all make sense as the GR user's contacts don't need to do anything different to reach the traveller & the traveller pays for the convenience of still being able to be reached as if s/he were still home.

Did what I say make sense this time?

Old
  (#63)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 06-07-2009, 22:22

FYI there is no charge to receive calls in Belgium and no callback while roaming in Belgium.
We are working on a deal with KPN to get access to good termination pricing in order to offer DID forwarding.
It's not done yet. It may take some time.

Old
  (#64)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Question 07-07-2009, 00:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizake View Post
FYI there is no charge to receive calls in Belgium and no callback while roaming in Belgium.
We are working on a deal with KPN to get access to good termination pricing in order to offer DID forwarding.
It's not done yet. It may take some time.
Has the lack of AT&T registration been solved yet on the company side? I still can't register on any of their networks (2G or 3G). I actually have to manually choose T-Mobile or it won't even lock on to that.

Old
  (#65)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-07-2009, 01:08

My Celtrek sim card is registered on AT&T right now, so it looks like that has been taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
Has the lack of AT&T registration been solved yet on the company side? I still can't register on any of their networks (2G or 3G). I actually have to manually choose T-Mobile or it won't even lock on to that.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#66)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-07-2009, 04:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
My Celtrek sim card is registered on AT&T right now, so it looks like that has been taken care of.
Well I wonder what could be wrong with my SIM. Both AT&T networks (2G & 3G) still show up as Forbidden in the network list and I can register to any of them.

Old
  (#67)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-07-2009, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Mine shows 2 AT&T networks as forbidden, but it does register on one of them (appears to be a 2G network) and works fine, just did a test call. It tries to register on the one with the "H" (for HSPA) but never does. T-Mobile works fine. In Houston (USA) at the moment.

Old
  (#68)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-07-2009, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
Mine shows 2 AT&T networks as forbidden, but it does register on one of them (appears to be a 2G network) and works fine, just did a test call. It tries to register on the one with the "H" (for HSPA) but never does. T-Mobile works fine. In Houston (USA) at the moment.
Unfortunately, I forgot to specify where this is happening: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. If someone can edit my post to put it in, that would be nice. I'm surprised this forum has such a small edit window. Another forum I go to has one of 2 weeks.

Old
  (#69)
monkeyboy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-07-2009, 09:17

so are people happily using Celtrek again? is it mostly back in biz?

Old
  (#70)
Benx (Offline)

Thumbs down Global Roaming = Global Warning - 12-07-2009, 09:03

I purchased their "service" on 2 May, looking forward to get their SIM "within 4-7 business days." My credit card was charged immediately, but it took several increasingly angry e-mails (service or money back) before they finally delivered on 10 July (50 business days). Official reason for the delay: the shipping cost is higher than expected ($67 instead of $35).
So, I have a SIM card from them now - with a minor flaw: the $45 airtime that I paid for was no part of the delivery! The balance is $0.00. Of course, I claimed the airtime, but what they offer instead is "a $45 check to close your account"!
Now, are they a real provider? Or a bunch of jokers? Con artists?