PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-03-2009, 05:52

hello
yes they provide gprs settings with the data enabled sim card.
ill not use it why still very expensive.

International Prepaid services : YackieMobile +31, GoSimEkit +44 & Truphone +44

Old
  (#22)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 12:19

My interests in roaming GPRS are twofold:
1. Using FishText or smsBug to send SMS at much lower cost.
2. Triggering callbacks via GPRS.
These both use very little data but having the access is important.

Old
  (#23)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 30-03-2009, 18:39

hello EveryBody

Celtrek based New "Base" sim card works very well with Callback and Balance check.
Using in France Belgium and Luxembourg. great its just assigned DID missing.
rates are cheaper than before Out and Inbound calls.

International Prepaid services : YackieMobile +31, GoSimEkit +44 & Truphone +44

Old
  (#24)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Some information - 30-03-2009, 22:05

I received my new Celtrek SIM on Saturday. I now have a US number based in Atlanta, GA. It seems that there is also a functional Belgum mobile number (+32489XXXXXX). There are standard conditional diverts set to the voicemail number: +32486191996. However, I have been assured that Celtrek does not charge for diverts to voicemail. OTHO, when you call to retrieve your voicemails you are charged for a call to "destination zone 3" which can range from $0.43 to $0.82/min ($0.66/min from the US). As of this time, they don't have a web interface for VM, etc like they had with the old SIM. Rates in many countries are very attractive. For instance, incoming calls in Japan, Singapore & Costa Rica are listed at 10c/min. Incoming calls in the US & Canada are now only 23c/min, which is about as low as I've seen.

Old
  (#25)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-03-2009, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Incoming calls in the US & Canada are now only 23c/min, which is about as low as I've seen.
The Belgian network Base, which underlies this, has its own cheap calls there, copying its European tariffs while roaming on AT&T/Cingular - 26c incoming, outgoing 45c (eurocents),

Old
  (#26)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-03-2009, 21:26

I received my SIM too. Works well although I can't test data - that piece doesn't appear to work. Phone keeps switching between T-Mobile and AT&T even though I'm no more than 400 yards from either tower in my neighborhood. I was told no USA numbers at this time so not sure how DRNewcomb got one. Guess I'm just a Celtrek loser (also a HOP loser, 09 loser, Yackie loser, you get the idea).

So far they will not "replenish" my Celtrek balance. I had a balance of over $170 and after discussion with Aaron they are crediting my new SIM $21. They are asking *me* to send *them* proof of what purchases I've made with Celtrek (WTF?). I'm currently fighting with Aaron via email. Already sent a heads up to my consumer attorney pal who just happens to work in Tampa Florida - not far from Celtrek's "office".

Wish I had a attorney friend in Beirut to go after Hop Mobile - that was a huge loss I incurred on their "going out of business" event. I have indeed learned my lesson. Keeping the same prepaid phone number for multiple international trips is not THAT important.

Old
  (#27)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 31-03-2009, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
So far they will not "replenish" my Celtrek balance. I had a balance of over $170 and after discussion with Aaron they are crediting my new SIM $21. They are asking *me* to send *them* proof of what purchases I've made with Celtrek (WTF?). I'm currently fighting with Aaron via email. Already sent a heads up to my consumer attorney pal who just happens to work in Tampa Florida - not far from Celtrek's "office".
That's much worse than my situation. I had a tad over $50 credit. I'm not sure exactly how much. I may or may not be able to recover that information. I now have exactly $35. I'm not sure how it hit exactly $35.

Old
  (#28)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 31-03-2009, 23:01

I take it that the Celtrek name died. The new web site is Global Roaming, Inc.

As for the DID numbers, When I talked to them last week all they had was a New York number. I guess they ran out of them. They did say that in a week or two they would have a Mississippi number for me.

I have not got my new card yet!

Old
  (#29)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-04-2009, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
As for the DID numbers, When I talked to them last week all they had was a New York number. I guess they ran out of them. They did say that in a week or two they would have a Mississippi number for me.
I asked for S. Mississippi (228 ), S. Alabama (251) or N.W. Fla (850), in that order, as first choices. I'd prefer to have a number local to Gulfport/Biloxi but was satisfied to get an Atlanta number. They had nothing in Miss. or Ala and all the Fla numbers were way down the peninsula.

Last edited by DRNewcomb; 01-04-2009 at 02:57.. Reason: If you enter an 8) it makes a smiley.

Old
  (#30)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-04-2009, 08:03

I have checked their new website and new rates look very attractive. Do you know how much they cost the DID numbers for US and to receive calls on them and if they will have for other countries as well. Also os the ony one to offer 10 seconds charging increment after the first minute.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I asked for S. Mississippi (228 ), S. Alabama (251) or N.W. Fla (850), in that order, as first choices. I'd prefer to have a number local to Gulfport/Biloxi but was satisfied to get an Atlanta number. They had nothing in Miss. or Ala and all the Fla numbers were way down the peninsula.