PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ringydingy (Offline)

Default 02-02-2006, 17:01

I have and use a Nokia 6610i with a prepaid USA SIM card. Great phone.

My daughter used it on a trip and took some photos with the built-in camera. But, we haven't been able to get the photos out of the camera!!

Some time ago, I bought (on eBay) the required CA-42 USB cord, to transfer photos from camera to computer. I downloaded the correct Nokia software from their website, being careful not to miss anything required.

Unless I try it all again, and I don't have the hour to waste right now, I can't remember exactly what happened but nothing worked -- couldn't transfer the pics.

Is the problem because my phone service is prepaid? Or is it more likely that I bought a bad cord on eBay?

I don't need to access the internet with the phone for this -- correct? I just want to get the pictures out of the camera!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-02-2006, 18:27

Tha fact it's prepaid really doesn't matter. You don't rely on your operator while you transfer files to/from your PC with your phone.
The problem could be the cable, but I think it's the same for all Nokia phones... so maybe you have some software problems... do you have problems only with file transfer, or you cannot connect to the phone at all from the Nokia software suite? What operative system do you have on your PC? If you have Windows 98 that could be the cause...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
ringydingy (Offline)

Default 04-02-2006, 04:37

We have Windows XP.

I gave it another try...as usual, right from the start when I plug in the cable (with or without the phone) I get a pop-up saying that the hardware isn't recognized.

But, I'm confused, now....I thought that I'd gotten beyond that point, before.

Well, maybe someday I'll just buy a new cord, I guess!