PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-08-2010, 16:13

Which do you think will be easier for me use including getting my phone to the proper settings-- Fonic or Vodafone? I'm getting the impression Fonic may be a bit simplier...

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-08-2010, 18:11

I would take Fonic since they have cheaper data rates and they don't have a monthly fee. And when it comes to settings, there's nothing easier than Fonic because they have made their network to accept connections no matter what APN is configured in your phone. Your Nokia E71 should configure itself automatically, anyway.
If you have received your Nokia E71 you should perform a firmware update of the phone, so it will run the latest bug-free software for best user experience. That can be done with Ovi Suite, Nokia's free PC software, which also allows downloading map data for Ovi Maps (the navigation app on your phone), so you won't need an internet connection for navigation, as I explained to you recently.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-08-2010, 19:23

Thanks again. Fonic it is! The phone hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it will next week. Forgive me for sounding so ignorant but how do I do the updates you mentioned?

Old
  (#14)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-08-2010, 19:25

VoilÃ*: How to Update Phone Firmware in Nokia Ovi Suite | Sizzled Core

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#15)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-08-2010, 23:37

I think I can handle this

Old
  (#16)
wolfclub (Offline)

Default 19-02-2011, 10:40

Hi ya all,

I'm a newbie to this vodafone pre-paid CallYa for Germany.
Here're some questions from me.

Does it come with its SIM card during the 1st activiation?
Does the line call and accept calls from Singapore?

Thanks aplenty in advance.

Have a great weekend!

Old
  (#17)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-02-2011, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfclub View Post
Does it come with its SIM card during the 1st activiation?
I don't get that question question. You basicly buy the SIM card, which comes preactivated, however requires registration with an official ID upon purchase.
If you don't find a CallYa International SIM pack, you can also buy any other CallYa SIM and switch to the International tariff by calling 22044 or through the Vodafone website.

Quote:
Does the line call and accept calls from Singapore?
Yes, outgoing calls to Singapore are billed with € 0.09/min while incoming calls are free of charge (as long as you are in Germany). But be aware that CallYa International is subject to a monthly fee of € 1.99 which will be deducted automatically from you balance at the beginning of each 30-days-billing period (which starts on the day of activation). In case there's fewer credit than € 1.99 in your account and so Vodafone can't deduct the monthly fee, all international calls will cost € 1.99/min. That's at least what the Vodafone website says, however it doesn't make sense as you won't be able to place an international call at € 1.99 (billed in full minutes) with fewer than € 1.99 credit left.
As soon as you recharge your credit, Vodafone will deduct the monthly fee of € 1.99 again for the next 30 days and you will get back cheap international rates. There won't be any fee for the period during which you hadn't enough credit for the monthly fee afterwards.

Old
  (#18)
wolfclub (Offline)

Default 21-02-2011, 03:49

Many thanks Inquisitor.

As for the 1st question, I think I understand what you mean.
As a new user, I have to purchase a package which includes the SIM card and subsequent top ups can be purchased via top-ups cards from the stores.

Roger that for the monthly charges. I did not see that in the Vodafone site.

Danke.