PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#30)
laptopnomad (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-12-2009, 14:09

Thanks so much for sharing!

I can relate to the experience - not getting to what's being promised and then trying to work a local helpdesk to get the truth out. As i experienced so many times, DATA plans are not understood well enough by local helpdesks.

As it seems to me Simyo has several problems to solve here. Foremost education & training of the helpdesk.

Because the 500Mb was way to small for me, I choose Yoigo - so far so good - knock on wood.

It gives me 3.1Gb of 3G for € 93,- (ex tax) a month with a daily limit of 100 Mb - after which speeds drops to GPRS alike. It's not the cheapest I know.

So a bit of my helpdesk experience:
Yoigo has AFAIK three English speaking operators - all 3 know the DATA plan well enough to help Internet savvy heavy users. Their e-mail response in English is within 36 hours.

And yes, there are (rural) parts of Spain that are still GPRS only, of course depending on the cellphone network. I got a few as well.

So this place PrePaidGSM is the only place I know where to get a bit of feedback on the actual quality of 3G operators.
It's not all about the price IMHO, also the (underlying) network and the people who run the helpdesk.

My biggest problem was to get what i wanted in the local phone shop in a language i don't speak.

Here's my experience.

The Laptop Junction
Overland by 4x4 truck in Asia, Middle-East and Afrika