PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
lnorlin (Offline)

Default Experiance of getting a A1 prepaid B-Free Breitband - 17-08-2013, 17:15

Hi, Just want to share my experience of getting a Prepaid A1 SIM.

This year (Feb 2013) I was going to Austria to do some downhill skiing. I did a lot of research on how to get a Prepaid SIM for internet access and finally found that A1 has a Online webshop. (in gernman)

I don't need the phone call function, for the few calls I/we was to make we would just use our Swedish subscriptions roaming functions.

But me and my friend wanted to use Internet at a decent cost. We brought with us a 3G router from Dovado (http://www.dovado.com/) and a 3G modem. (Huawei E1750)

All I did was to order the B-Free Breitband on the A1 online web-shop and enter the address for my hotel in Austria about 2 weeks before the trip.

When we arrived at the hotel the SIM-card was handed to us by the hotels front desk. We the just put the SIM in the modem and everything started to work more or less right away. With the hardware we used we did not have to make any complicated configuration or setup. All we did was to install the SIM and then turn the power on! I think (six months later) that all we did was to select the correct country and operator in the Dovado setup.

I guess you can order any A1 SIM in the same way.

Hope this helps someone!

/Lars