PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Rynga question - 03-07-2010, 11:30

Back in November 2009, Georg said that the voipbuster client did not work with rynga. Does anyone know if the client works with rynga now?

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/call...html#post30225

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-07-2010, 23:21

Just tested it now. It works fine with the 2 Betamax brands I currently have credit on which are Rynga and 12voip!

Old
  (#3)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Thanks, Petkow! - 05-07-2010, 19:11

Great! Thank you, Petkow, for answering my question.

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-07-2010, 11:15

A somewhat unrelated question for Babble (or anyone else using Rynga). What are your recent experiences with the Rynga FUP (fair useage policy) for free calls? On most Betamax brands you get around 300min/7 days, but lately I have noticed on Rynga that after I have just used 150mins they start charging me!

Old
  (#5)
SIMCollector (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-07-2010, 02:25

I've been using Rynga for a few months now since VoIPDiscount removed Malaysia Landline from their free destinations. However, I dont think my weekly usage has exceeded 150. Anyway I had free days on VoIPDiscount and they have now expired so I am just using Rynga for the free destinations now. If I get charged when I dont expect it I will look through the call history and work out the mins used over the past 7 days and see what is going on.

I have found that it is not possible to do a £10 topup by txt with Rynga (using a comon betamax £10 topup short code) and I can only do a £5 topup, which is a pain. Previously I could send several topup sms's and they would work, but now it is only the first and then I have to wait till I am within a certain no of days if the free days expiring that I can do another. I have a feeling this is something like about 10 free days left.

Old
  (#6)
wiyup (Offline)

Default 11-08-2010, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
A somewhat unrelated question for Babble (or anyone else using Rynga). What are your recent experiences with the Rynga FUP (fair useage policy) for free calls? On most Betamax brands you get around 300min/7 days, but lately I have noticed on Rynga that after I have just used 150mins they start charging me!
Rynga did not publish clear policy terms! Why is Betamax allowed to cheat people with vague and changing policies, and hiding the true policies in bits and pieces amongst pages of nonsense babble?

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-08-2010, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiyup View Post
Rynga did not publish clear policy terms! Why is Betamax allowed to cheat people with vague and changing policies, and hiding the true policies in bits and pieces amongst pages of nonsense babble?
Probably because no one took them to court and therefore no one forced them to change this. Also the probably balance on what is legally possible. As long as everything is published online they are ok.

That said betamax is a low cost carrier, low prices, no service, hardly any responce to email, phone is answered by someone who can only take messages. Companies like ryanair work like this, try to get money back from them, you better get yourself a tv cameraprogramm to knock on their door to get sometihng done.